Chapter 13: Aftermath

---------------

DING DONG! BING BONG!

"N-Ngh... Morning already...?"

I open my eyes, but I found such an easy task to be so difficult.

"My head's pounding... It hurts..."

Slowly but surely, I manage to stand upright. I hold my head in pain.

"I remember last night... That was crazy... Who would've known that one of us students really would try to murder, huh...?"

Leon Kuwata, the Ultimate Baseball Star, attempted murder on Sayaka Maizono, the Ultimate Pop Sensation. Fortunately, the murder attempt failed. I barged in to the murder scene and froze it, and later on, Hina and Sakura calmed things down.

Guess I'm living up to my title, huh? Guess I really am the Ultimate Lucky Student.

Ultimate Lucky Student... I never really had thought myself to be lucky growing up. Maybe it's just from my perspective? I don't know...

Stretching my hands up to start the day, I look over to see Sayaka peacefully sleeping in my bed. She stayed over for the night, traumatized by what she'd experienced the night before.

"Sayaka, wakey wakey."

I poked her in the cheek to get her to wake up. Eventually, she stirs awake.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"N-Ngh... Oh, good morning..."

I give her a smile.

"How's your wrist?"

Sayaka tries to turn it, but she winces in pain.

"It still hurts..."

I let out a sigh.

"That's a pain."

I brought myself out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. The morning announcement sounded earlier, so I didn't want to be late for breakfast. Lifting the bathroom door open, I entered inside.

Refreshing myself, I look over to the drawer. Deep inside many bathroom utilities is a knife, the knife Sayaka used to defend herself against Leon, and I'm planning to place it back to the kitchen shelf once we headed downstairs.

Once I got out of the bathroom, Sayaka went in to take turns. She opened the door with her left wrist, clearly hesitant to use her right hand.

As I waited on my bed, I looked over to my room. Before I slept, I'd cleaned up the mess Leon and Sayaka had made. I cleaned up the blood on the floor, tried to fix the scratches on the wall with a lint roller, as well as placing the golden sword inside my desk so no one else can use it.

Eventually, after several minutes later, Sayaka came out of the bathroom. She wasn't as fresh and tidy as usual, but that's because she fixed her hair and washed her face presumably with her left hand. I let out a sigh.