Chapter 10

Harry put on a cute pair of shoes as Gemma said she was going to leave without him if Harry didn't get moving. 

He had picked out the white Nike's with butterflies because he'd noticed Louis looking at them on Friday after school.

Before heading out the door to pick up Zayn, Harry took one last look in the mirror.

He smiled, content with his outfit.

Harry had layered a loose-fitting pale yellow crew neck shirt over a white collared shirt, so the collar stuck out. He always liked that look. He paired this with some straight-legged blue jeans that he rolled at the bottom so they didn't hang onto his shoes.

His hair looked good too. But most importantly, he smelled good.

I'd be even better off surrounded by that electrifying orange smell though.

"Harry, you coming?"

"Coming!"

Harry turned away from the mirror and walked out of the front door, closing and locking it behind him. Gemma already had the car started, and was waiting in the driver's seat.

"You look cute Harry!"

"Thanks, Gem."

He had told Gemma about bringing Louis, but neither Gemma nor Zayn knew about the spooning or mutual feelings. And he didn't plan to tell them anytime soon.

If they find out then so be it. As long as Mom doesn't know, I'll be alright.

Harry got in the backseat, and Gemma backed out of the driveway and headed towards Zayn's house. They drove for about five minutes before reaching it, where Harry could see Zayn waiting on the curb.

It wasn't that Zayn couldn't drive, but he and Gemma enjoyed car rides together.

I wonder if Louis is into that sort of thing...

"Hey, Harry!" Zayn said, turning around to face him from the passenger seat.

"I love the crewneck. Pastel yellow always hits different on you."

Harry smiled and teased him, "Oh really? In that case, might as well ditch Gemma for me then, huh?"

Zayn laughed. It was a sweet melodic laugh that Harry didn't hear often because Zayn was so chill and reserved. But nonetheless, a laugh from Zayn was golden.

"Harry, if my boyfriend ditches me for my younger brother, I'm never talking to you again!" Gemma giggled and playfully elbowed Zayn.

"I would never babe. I'm out of his league." He leaned over and gave Gemma a nice kiss and she smiled before starting the car and driving towards the diner.

"Harry, does Louis need a ride? I know his house is somewhere in this direction, but I'm not quite sure where." Gemma asked.

"No, he doesn't. He said he'll meet us there though."

Gemma nodded and gave him a smile in the rearview mirror.

Soon enough, they pulled into the parking lot and Gemma parked the car. She took the keys out of the ignition as they all got out of the car.

Harry, Gemma, and Zayn walked inside Sal's Diner, a locally run diner with the best breakfast around. They were seated in a booth by the hostess; Gemma and Zayn on one side, and Harry on the other.

Harry saw Louis pull into the parking lot through the diner windows a few moments later. He smiled as Louis got out of the car.

Wow, he's hot.