Chapter 7

He felt a soft hand on his arm, gently shaking him.

"Lou?"

Louis slowly opened his eyes and sat up. His room seemed darker, and he realized the sun had set. Niall and Liam had moved onto playing Modern Warfare, and they had a few bags of open chips in front of them.

"Yeah?"

He looked back to the hand that had touched him, and then up into Harry's beautiful green eyes.

"Sorry Louis, I didn't want to wake you. Niall and Liam couldn't hear the doorbell because Liam hooked them up with headphones and mics so they could talk with their teammates and so it wouldn't be too loud for you."

"Is everything alright?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I should have led with that. Liam ordered a few pizzas while you were sleeping too, and they've just arrived. Mind if I go get them? The delivery man is at the door."

"That'd be great, thanks Harry." Louis rubbed his eyes and gave a small smile as Harry left the room.

He took a pillow and threw it at Liam and Niall. They turned around and then smiled.

"Sleeping beauty finally woke up Niall." Liam joked.

"I guess my kiss of true love worked then, didn't it."

"You two are too much." Louis yawned.

Harry walked back into the room carrying three pizza boxes.

"PIZZA!" Niall yelled, setting down his headphones and controller.

Louis looked at the pizza. The smell of fresh red sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni filled the air, but Louis was too tired to eat.

"Hey mates, I'm going to sleep in the spare room. Last night I was up so late and I don't have much energy."

Harry turned, pizza in hand. "You sure you don't want a piece before you go?"

"I'm alright, thanks." He pointed at Liam and Niall.

"Keep an eye on these idiots for me, okay?"

Harry smiled and nodded before taking a bite of pizza.

"Aaaand Sleeping Beauty goes back to sleep" Liam teased. "Niall, what the hell. Why didn't your kiss work?"

Niall laughed and punched him as Louis walked out of the room, giving Liam his signature middle finger.

The spare room was only a few doors down from Louis' room. It was a spacious room with a king sized bed and a full bathroom. Louis never understood why his house had spare bedrooms - his parents were never home to have guests over, and Liam always stayed in Louis' room.

He found toothbrushes and toothpaste in the bathroom, awaiting the guests that never came. He brushed his teeth and looked at the clock on the wall as he walked back into the bedroom.

1:00 AM

Louis was exhausted, and he had no idea how the other boys still had energy. He took off his sweatpants, crew neck, and tank top.

The house wasn't cold to begin with, but Louis liked the feeling of all the blankets weighing him down.

Too many clothes and he'd overheat.

He turned off the lights and got into the bed. The mattress was soft and the sheets felt cool, but he knew they'd warm up soon. He took a pillow and buried his head in it before dozing off.

It had only been about 15 minutes when he heard the door open. The hallway lights were dim, but seemed bright in the darkness. Louis turned to look at the doorway.

He could still hear Liam and Niall faintly in his room playing yet another game.

"Alright Niall, stay with me because I'm quite quick."

"I don't even know the map yet, hold on Liam!"

"WOAH watch the squad on your right!"

They were quiet for a few seconds and Louis could hear shooting sounds.

"Five, six, seven, eight!"

Liam always called out how many kills he had in a row, and from the count of it, he'd just mowed down a whole lot of them. Niall laughed and Louis smiled, thankful that Niall felt at home.

The door opened a bit more, and Louis redirected his attention back to it.

Harry.

Louis shifted slightly and saw Harry walk slowly into the room holding his overnight bag that he had brought when he first came over. He'd stripped to just his boxers and socks.

Louis concluded that Harry must have found a spare bathroom to change, and then accidentally walked into the spare room.

After all, Harry didn't know the ins and outs of his house, only the basic floor plan from his time spent tutoring at Louis' place.

"Hi Harry." Louis said softly, still tired from the night before.

Harry said nothing, closing the door softly behind him. He walked towards the bed, tossing his bag on a nearby chair.

So he knew I was here after all?

Louis scooted over on the bed to give him plenty of space as Harry lifted the sheets and blankets to get in.

Louis tried not to breathe too loudly even though his heart was pounding. He wanted to play it cool, because Harry was probably just tired too.

He felt Harry readjust and pull the blankets over himself. Louis stared at the ceiling, and Harry stayed quiet.

Suddenly, a soft and gentle hand touched Louis' hand.

Louis gasped quietly, but Harry didn't stop there. He intertwined his fingers with Louis' and squeezed tightly.

Louis looked over at Harry, who was smiling behind the blankets, his dimples looking cuter than ever.

Harry moved their hands over Louis' waist and pulled Louis closer to him ever so slightly.

Louis took the opportunity, moving back towards Harry, and Harry turned on his side.

Big spoon, little spoon.

Louis let out a soft murmur as Harry began to spoon him. Harry let go of Louis' hand only to wrap his own arm around Louis' upper body, yet again pulling him closer.

Louis was so close to Harry now and couldn't believe it.

Harry smelled so good, and he'd never noticed before. The traces of tobacco and florals had the power to bring Louis to his knees.

"Hazza?"

Harry emitted a soft 'mmm' and Louis continued.

"I'm gay."

Louis held his breath. He was going to say he liked the way Harry smelled but this slipped out. He wasn't sure if the time was right.

He felt confident earlier when he was downstairs on the sofa, but after it didn't play out he wasn't planning on trying again for another day or two.

Harry stayed quiet, but Louis felt a warm and soft exhale on his neck.

Did I just mess everything up?

Louis laid there, manifesting in his own paranoia. That all changed when he felt Harry move once more.

Before he knew it, Harry had placed his leg over Louis' like a hook. His leg was warm and firm, holding Louis against him.

Louis melted into Harry's body.

This was the first time any sort of physical interaction felt natural. Girls had never given Louis this newfound sense of security and comfort.

Harry's physical presence and tenderness felt like a dream, and Louis never wanted to wake up.

***

And so it begins...

Comment here if you found this story from WattPad and not my YouTube:

Thoughts or comments?