Chapter 1

[Brief character introductions - Louis]

I'm gay. 

Each word felt like a blow to his stomach. Louis had always known since a young age, but never accepted it. He thought time would cause him to change so he could be straight like all the other jocks on the football team. But the desire for a boyfriend was a feeling Louis knew he wouldn't grow out of.

San Diego, California was full of diversity but the rich suburbs proved to be homophobic time and time again. Louis was constantly surrounded by snobby rich sticklers who had more money than compassion. 

 He'd never let on that he way gay out of fear of rejection and judgement. Instead, he filled the role of the stereotypical straight jock; parties, workouts, toxic masculinity, and girls flooded his life, leaving no room for academics or real relationships.

Louis was the running back for the school football team. He was small and agile, which made him perfect for the position. Football came naturally to him, but he only saw it as a distraction from his loneliness.

He had a posse who associated with him for popularity. They didn't care about him, and he knew that if he were to come out as gay, they would all leave him. They were a bunch of dimwitted idiots and Louis knew it.

The only real friend he has was Liam Payne, the nicest boy in the bunch. Liam knew Louis better than anyone. They always hung out after practices and in school, and had been close friends since primary school.

Liam was the only person in the world that knew Louis was gay. Louis had come out to him when they were childhood friends, and Liam took the news well. He had never judged Louis and supported him more than Louis' parents ever had.

But even with Liam by his side, Louis still felt incomplete. He needed love. Someone to fill the void of loneliness like no other. Someone who would be there through the ups, downs, and everything in-between.

Senior year of high school was difficult for him. He was less than a year away from graduating, which meant he could finally escape San Diego and rid himself of the expectations his parents put on him. 

His parents weren't very present in his life, and cared more about his success in sports and school than his well being. They often left him alone in the house without warning and retreated to their private cabin in the Twin Peaks.

To avoid the nightmare that had consumed his life, he had to pass high school - which seemed like something short of a miracle. Louis had a tutor, a nice boy who had more knowledge than the whole football team combined. 

Louis' parents made sure to have the tutor come over at least two times a week so he could get his grades up. Louis always liked the tutor coming, for he was a sweet and smart student who never failed to make Louis feel better about his academics. Not to mention that he gave Louis butterflies...

Of course, his parents didn't care if Louis was learning, they just wanted him to have good grades so highly ranked colleges would offer him a football scholarship. After all, that made them look like good parents to the other rich pricks in the town. 

They never cared about him. He felt like a pawn trapped inside their game of chess, and the only thing that could save him was a knight in shining armor who would whisk him away from the darkness.

***

I've never written a fan fiction before, so thank you to everyone who's helped improve my writing and story thus far. I really appreciate it!

This is new to me but i'll continue to add chapters as the story develops.

Thoughts or comments?