Chapter 5

God, he's beautiful.

Harry found himself looking Louis up and down as he stood in the doorway. Harry noticed how Louis' body shimmered in the light seeping through the window.

The thin layer of water that covered his body made his muscles so defined and apparent that Harry had a hard time looking away.

So he didn't.

He continued to scan Louis' body, taking in the pure beauty that was presented to him before his eyes. Harry had never seen Louis without some sort of football jersey or oversized shirt on, so this was all new to him.

Harry stopped himself when he got to Louis' waistline, and looked back to meet Louis' magnificent blue eyes. They looked so vibrant, so deep, and so alive.

He saw Louis' eyes quickly dart away, as if Louis didn't want Harry to know he was staring back at him behind the light brown hair that fell in front of his face.

Harry wondered if he had noticed him checking Louis out, but gave a small smile just in case. He liked what he saw, whether Louis knew it or not.

Too bad he's as straight as an arrow. Otherwise, maybe I'd have a chance.

Harry looked down at his hands, blushing. He heard Louis shift by the doorway.

"I'll meet you downstairs and we can start whenever you'd like." Harry said quickly, and abruptly got off the bed and left the room before cracking a big smile.

He heard Louis opening his drawers to find a shirt as he walked down the stairs.

Damn. Who needs shirts with a body like that?

Harry tried hard to forget his newfound feelings for Louis. Although somewhat weak at the moment, Harry wanted to catch himself before falling in love with a straight boy.

He'd been down that path once before with a boy named Leeroy, who Harry used to think was gay because of the flamboyance he emitted on the daily.

When Harry walked into the locker rooms once to get his sneakers after gym one day, he found Leeroy passionately making out with an older girl named Veronica.

The memory often replayed vividly in Harry's memory, reminding him of the pain it caused for months on end. A one-sided heartbreak.

He couldn't let that happen again.

***

Louis came walking down the stairs moments after Harry had finished getting out the remainder of the textbooks, a process that he'd abandoned to go and secretly wait in Louis' room.

Now fitted with a simple white undershirt that hugged Louis' figure, he came walking down the stairs and collapsed in the chair.

"It's about time." Harry said jokingly.

Louis cracked a smile and looked down again. This time, his hair had been towel dried more thoroughly and fell in layers across his face.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"I know we should've started a while ago but I meant to ask you if you wanted to come over tomorrow."

Harry felt a smile coming on, but suppressed it and answered Louis. "To study?"

"No," Louis shook his head, his eyes twinkling as he continued to speak.

"Liam and I were going to hang out and we invited that nice boy named Niall over too. I know you might vaguely know Niall since he seems to have a major crush on Gemma."

"Niall the baker? Yeah, he's a great lad. My mom has work, and Gemma and Zayn are going to the drive-in theatre for a date night, so I'm free."

Louis smiled and went on. "You could come over anytime after breakfast. Niall is getting a ride from Liam and they'll probably head over right after noon. We can get takeout and play video games and stuff, and they're spending the night. You can do the same if you'd like."

Is that even a question?

Of course I would. Plus, I feel like I need to expand my friend circle beyond Gemma and Zayn sometime or another.

"Sure, thanks mate." Harry gave Louis a small smile, and Louis beamed in return.

It was cute how Louis' eyes came alive when he smiled. His resting face seemed so unapproachable and menacing, but as soon as he smiled all that melted away.

Louis looked at Harry in silence for a few more seconds before seeming to remember what they were there to do.

"Yeah, so um, I have a big math test on Monday and I want to do better than my usual F or C+." Louis prompted.

Harry nodded and opened the right textbook before diving into the content with Louis, explaining the processes, formulas, and equations as he went.

***

Before he knew it, it was time to leave. As he got up and collected his books, Louis cleared his throat rather loudly.

Harry looked up at Louis.

"Hey man, sorry about my friends at school."

"The posse?" Harry asked, with a bit of annoyance interlaced in his voice.

Louis winced slightly, and Harry quickly laid off the attitude.

"Yeah, about them. I just want you to know that I know they can be douches. Despite what it looks like, I'm not one of them and don't ever want to be." Louis explained.

Harry found this hard to believe, but gave Louis the benefit of the doubt.

"It's okay, I get it."

Louis smiled in relief, and Harry could tell Louis was being sincere.

He zipped up his JanSport and Louis thanked him as he opened the front door.

Harry nodded back, and got in the pickup truck. He looked into the rear view mirror and could see Louis smiling before closing the front door.

Despite tutoring Louis for what was going on a few months now, Harry had never felt like he longed for more time with Louis the way he did now.

This was a new feeling.

He isn't Leeroy. He isn't one of the posse.

Louis is special.

Harry couldn't put his finger on it, but somewhere deep down, he could feel the inevitable attraction towards Louis.

The question became clear.

How long can I suppress my feelings for this boy before they grow too strong? And when the time comes, what'll happen when he finds out?

***

Pausing to get feedback on the story so far. Should I continue writing, what do you like, dislike, etc. :)

Thoughts or comments?