Chapter 19

[Louis POV]

Liam had just finished eating his lunch and was hanging out in his room when I got in the house. "Liam!" I yelled, trying to be heard over the loud Nirvana music. He didn't hear me and I swear the music was so loud I could barely hear myself.

"Liam!" I yelled again and walked into his room. He saw me and smiled before turning the music down.

"Oh hey Lou, sorry I didn't hear you come in."

"You don't say," I laughed, punching him on the arm, "How do your parents not get mad at the music being so loud all the time?"

"Well for starters, they aren't home. They went out for groceries. I don't play it loud when they are home though."

"Good idea,"

I suddenly felt fidgety and anxious about telling Liam about my parents and Harry. He must have noticed because he paused the music to pay full attention to me. He was such a sweet friend and I really didn't deserve him. I have no idea why he even found himself mixed in with the posse in the first place since he was the only actual nice and genuine kid in it.

"So, your parents are back, huh?"

"Yeah," I said coldly, crossing my arms and staring at the floor.

"What caused you to get so frustrated so fast? I mean, this is a new record for how fast you've left the house after they've come home."

I let out a sigh. "It's not just their awful presence that's driving me out of the house. It's Harry."

"What about him?"

Liam wasn't being sarcastic, he was simply curious. He knew we spooned the one night but that's as much as I had told him. Come to think of it, no one but him knew anything about Harry and me.

"Well, if my parents are home Harry is still going to come over and tutor," I uncrossed my arms and looked up from the floor, "Of course, I love when he tutors. But what if they find out?"

"Lou, they know he tutors you. They're the one who hired and paid him, remember?"

"Yeah, I know. But there's more between us than just a student and tutor relationship."

"Go on," Liam prompted.

"I like him, Li. Like real feelings. Nothing like I've felt for any of the girls."

"How does he feel about you? I mean like, is this serious enough that you need to hide it from your parents like that."

"Well, I mean..." Liam looked at me, waiting for the rest of the answer. "We hooked up."

"You did?" Liam looked astonished.

"And made out earlier in the day, yeah."

Liam said nothing, but I saw a smile spread across his face before tackling me in a huge bear hug.

"Lou that's amazing! I'm so proud of you for coming out of your shell and being confident enough to express your feelings for him!"

I felt a wave of emotion after what he said because he was right. This is the first time I've felt happy and comfortable with the fact that I'm gay. And, Liam's opinion means so much to me so to see that he's sincerely happy and proud of me is everything.

"Thank you Li," I gave him a huge smile and he gave another in return.

"So, about your parents," He said, and my face fell a bit, "Are you ever going to introduce Harry to them?"

"I feel like they're just going to hate me even more. Me coming out and introducing Harry as anything more than a tutor means my college football plans are pretty much out the window,"

"Do you still want to go to college and football?" He asked.

I thought for a second. Football had seemed like my only option for the longest time, but realizing how much Harry made me happy and that seemed to overtake my desire to hide my sexuality in order to get drafted onto a college team.

"I'm not sure," I said finally.

Liam nodded, "Whatever you end up doing, I've got your back."

We talked a bit more about ways to hide Harry from my parents since tutoring without flirting might be a challenge. We figured out that until my parents leave again, tutoring should either happen in other places, like at Harry's house, or we'd tutor at my house and then make up excuses to go out so my parents wouldn't suspect anything.

"Mate, you should probably talk to Harry about this," Liam said, "I mean I love talking about this stuff with you and it all sounds like a good plan, but you need to explain it all to him too before you start making all these schedule changes."

"Do you think he'll understand? I mean his family, or at least Gemma, seems very close with him,"

"I'm sure he'll adjust to help you keep it a secret. He seems like a super sweet kid and you should definitely feel confident in what you two have. I mean, he's your boyfriend, isn't he?"

I paused and looked down at my feet.

Boyfriend.

"I mean, of course, I want that with Harry but it's all just new to me and it's scary. I've never had a proper girlfriend and all the girls just hooked up with me so there was never a 'Will you be my girlfriend?' type conversation."

Liam smiled and punched me lightly, "Well, if you're into him, go for it. Good relationships are only made when someone takes a leap of faith. If you want that, take the leap."

I stood up, a new sense of excitement and adrenaline rushing through my body. Liam stood up too and gave me a big smile as we walked out of his room.

"Go get 'em, tiger!" He yelled after me as I made my way to the front door.

I laughed and opened the front door before shouting, "Harry Styles, here I come!"

I walked to my car and opened the door before getting in. Fumbling through my pockets, I found the key and started the engine. I gave Liam one last wave since I saw him smiling through the window before I backed out into the street and headed for Harry's house.

The music made my heartbeat pick up and it felt like the cute little butterflies on Harry's shoes had found their way inside of my stomach. I was nervous about what Harry would say when I asked but excited about the possibility of being in a real relationship with someone I cared about. I thought about texting Harry that I was coming over, but I decided to keep it a secret and surprise him.

I just hoped he would be happy to see me.

***

This chapter was a struggle and I have no idea why it was so hard to write. I couldn't keep my thoughts straight and I feel like the writing feels a bit choppy.

The next chapter will be better and longer, I just needed this one to be over because it wasn't going well

Thoughts or comments?

don't forget to vote if you liked the header GIF :)