"Guilty"

Madison's POV

"What does the school feed us?!" Lauren questions, stabbing her fork into what looked like...meatloaf? "I don't know, but whatever it is, it looks like its breathing" her face turns into disgust as she slides the lunch tray across the table. I just laugh, taking a sip from my water bottle. Resting her elbow on the table, she places her chin in the palm of her hand.
"So, how did the night go with Austin? God, its so weird calling him that" I giggle as my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "It is sometimes" I start off "but the weekend was amazing. After we apologized and fixed everything, we just cuddled. It actually felt great being in his arms again. I missed the feeling, you know?" Lauren nods her head, clearly amused in what I'm saying. "He also took me out for breakfast" she smiles "that's so cute! Seriously, your living my dream goals" I just laugh, rolling my eyes.

"Hey Madison, can I talk to you real quick?" Looking behind me stands Matthew. I knew this was going to happen. I mean I did leave him at the party "Sure" sighing, I get up off the lunch table, leaving Lauren confused as we walk out the cafeteria.
"Listen, about the night at the party, I'm sorry. It just that, I had to fix something with someone and-" "this someone...is it a person your serious with?" Matthew says cutting me off. He sounded really nervous. I guess he was scared of what my answer would be. 'But, why would Matthew be scared?' Looking into his light brown eyes, I just nod my head. "I should of known" he whispers catching me off guard
"Should of known what?"

Matthew just sighs, running his hand through his dirty blonde hair. "I should of known you were with someone I mean, look at you! Your just so beautiful" I look down to the floor, lightly blushing "I'm sorry Maddison. It's just I like you and I tried getting with you but you just ran out the door and-" "wait, you like me?" "Well yea. I mean, I was kissing down your neck at the party. I wouldn't just do it to some random chick" Now I know why he sounded so nervous. He liked me
I instantly felt guilty. "I'm sorry Matthew" "why are you apologizing?" "Because, I felt like I lead you on when we danced and with the kissing on the neck thing..." Matthew lightly chuckles shaking his head "don't feel guilty at all Mads. It's might fault for kissing you. I should of known better"
Smiling up at him, I bring him in for a hug "were still friends right?" You can see hurt flash across his face but quickly gets replaced with a smile "of course! I don't want to lose someone so amazing as you"
Pulling away, I place my hand on his shoulder "good, cause I don't want to lose someone as awesome as you"

"Yo Espinosa! Get your ass here!" Jack shouts across the cafeteria as we re enter the loud area. Looking up at Matthew I nudge him "go on, I'm fine with Lauren" "okay. See you in class" with that, he runs off to Jack as I make my way back to Lauren who was currently complaining to a lunch lady about the food "breathing"
I swear, I ask myself everyday how I have been blessed with such a "special" friend like Lauren.

~~~

Instagram|| RockingAroundClark

I know, it's short but It's just a fill in since I haven't updated or about a month. I'm still working on how to end this...so far, id say stuff is looking pretty good :) I want it to be perfect for you guys