22. The Grimm (Part 2)

Chris Evans

as 

Elijah Cavalier

"What don't you understand?! We understand each other better than anyone and she will always be my first priority! ... I'm sorry."

ARDEN'S POV 

(October 31st, 1997)

Last night was the first peaceful night of sleep I've gotten since my breakup with Dean. Since then my dreams have been flooded with visions, but they're too muddled to decipher a clear message. It's frustrating; I used to have all sorts of clear vivid visions when I was a kid and now I couldn't even make out one. It used to be so simple, but I haven't had a vision since I was a kid. The last vision I remembered happened the day I met Dean. I was eleven years old, my parents were just killed and this little boy offered to sleep next to me so I wasn't alone. The vision sent me to a time when Dean and I were a lot older. My memory was a little foggy on the details, but when I think about it now, I wonder if that vision will ever come to light. Could I change what I envisioned? Does this mean that Dean and I will be reunited? Or did I screw it up by giving in to John's request? 

I rubbed the sleep out of my eye. Despite sleeping well, I woke up early to do research. I needed to know what Elijah was and I needed to know what killed that guy last night and kill it before it kills anyone else. Speaking of Elijah, I turn to look at my bed, and on it was a large, black, furry dog curled into a tight ball...snoring. I silently laughed at the sight. 

Last night was the first time he tried shifting purposely and it worked; which for us was a good thing. It meant that he'll eventually be able to control when he shifts. I've been pouring over multiple books trying to figure out exactly what Elijah was. I never knew of a shifter that was immune to silver. I even gave Bobby a call asking for his expertise. Of course, he made me explain why I needed the information and I wasn't going to hide anything from him, so I explained everything.  He was surprised to hear that Elijah was back in my life and after a brief discussion... cough, cough,... argument he told me he'd call me if he found anything. And with Bobby working on whatever the hell Elijah was, I could focus on this hunt that has so rudely disrupted my college experience.