11. Goodbye

This chapter is inspired by season 6 episode 16, And Then There Were None. I've always wondered what happened to Bobby and Rufus's relationship. In the book Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting, Bobby explains that in Omaha, he and Rufus needed a getaway driver. Rufus didn't want his daughter involved, but Bobby called her in and she ended up getting killed. I try to stick to canon as much as possible and it bothers me sometimes when some people decide to stray from the original source material without a reason. If you have a reason go ahead, but why do it if you don't? Why say that Sam and Dean went on a vampire hunt as kids when they didn't know of their existence till Season 1!!!! (Sorry little rant. I'm good) Anyway, Rufus is an important part of Arden's life and I wanted to be a reason why Rufus and Bobby didn't talk anymore and to make sure when I get to season 3 it stays canon. Hope you enjoy it. Of course, I don't own Supernatural. All credit goes to the writers of Supernatural. I own Arden and any original plot points or characters I introduce. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ARDEN'S POV

 (July 17th, 1993)

Bobby was finally hunting again. Thank the gods.

He went to Omaha Nebraska with Rufus and I couldn't have been happier. He legitimately seemed less grouchy and with him going out on hunts, that meant I got the whole house to myself. I wish that meant something though. 

I felt my eyes droop as I read through another textbook. The school decided that I should skip the eighth grade and go right to high school. I start my freshman year in the fall, but I had to read through the eighth-grade curriculum to make sure I was caught up. If I wanted I could've skipped ninth grade as well, but that would take time away from my extra curricular's. I planned on trying out for the volleyball team in the fall.  Also, Bobby finally said he would consider taking me on my first hunting trip if I keep my grades up while playing sports.

I was beginning to doze off when one of the phones started to ring. I went over to the multiple phones Bobby owned, each labeled something different: FBI, Hunter line, CDC, Arden's School, Salvage yard, Home, and many more. The one that was ringing was labeled home.

"Hello?" I answered.  "Singer and Queen residence," 

"Umm... Arden?" A  nervous voice asked.

"Yes? Can I help you?" I asked not knowing who was on the other line.

"It's Elijah. We met the other day at the store." My eyes widen and my throat suddenly felt dry.

A few days ago I met this cute boy with blond hair and sky-blue eyes in the store. Literally bumped into him, knocking off his baseball cap like the main protagonist in a cheesy Hallmark movie. 

I found out he was going into the same grade and school I was and after ten minutes of shameless and awkward flirting, I gave him my phone number. Well actually the home phone number, but despite the technicalities, I didn't actually think he'd call!

"Hi!" I said my voice going up an octave. "How are you doing?" 

I cringed at how painfully awkward I sounded. This is not how you normally act Arden. You're better than this!

He chuckled into the phone. "I'm doing good. Um... I wanted to know if you would like to go to the movies with me this Friday. Y-you mentioned liking Jaws and I thought you might want to see another movie from the same director."