Chapter 29: Heart Pirates

Although Luffy got separated from the group, the Straw Hats and the two Heart Pirates made it safely to the town, only to find it completely destroyed. Not long after arriving, the ground startes to rumble. "What's going on?!" Shanna exclaimed.

"What's that?!" Usopp pointed upward. Everyone gasped in horror when they saw a volcano like mountain spraying water upward.

"This water is enough to cause a flood! We've got to go to higher ground!" Robin shouted. The water quickly fell from the sky, flooding the area and throwing the pirates off balance. Shanna quickly grabbed Law by the hand and swam against the current. Zoro and Franky snatched Robin before she could be washed away by the current, and they all climbed onto a nearby building.

"GYAAAAHHHH! IT'S FLOODING!! IS THAT A SHARK?!" Usopp cried once they were safe.

"Law are you okay?" Shanna asked.

The captain of the Heart Pirates coughed, spitting the saltwater out. "Fine."

"Could the elephant be showering itself?" wondered Robin. "And it looks like the town and forest has adaptes to it..."

"That would explain the amount of water," Franky muttered.

Usopp, who had climbed all the way to the very top of the watch tower of this building, shouted, "Hey! I see Luffy in the town! And he's with that Nami-lookalike doggy girl and the rabbit!" He was referring to the two minks they saw on their way here, who briefly attacked them and then left. "GYAAAA!"

"What is it Usopp?" Shanna asked. 

"She's already eating him!!!!!"

"Huuuh?! So they really are cannibals?!" Franky exclaimed.

Cannibals? Shanna doubted in her head. After the water finished pouring down, the water level slowly went down, and receded into nothing. "As expected, this is the back of an elephant after all," Shanna muttered. 

"Shambles." Suddenly the crew started free falling. Everyone except Law and Shanna, who was already used to this, cried out in horror. Usopp, Zoro, and Franky fell face first, while Robin barely landed on her feet. Law and Shanna landed gracefully, right in front of Luffy and the two minks riding the.....whatever that thing is... Alligator? Shanna wondered.

The dog mink told them to turn around, and so the group of pirates turned to see the fog behind them clearing up, and before them stood two other minks, and a big gate hidden by gigantic leaves. The pirates could sense the animosity in the two gatekeepers as they tightened their grip around their swords. "Wanda, who might they be?" asked the goat Mink. 

"The intruders that were in the Whale's Forest?" inquired the bear Mink.

"They mean no harm. Don't ring the 'welcome bell' by accident. He just wandered into the forest unknowingly. Please open the doors and let everyone know that the Straw Hat crew has come!" the dog Mink named Wanda said.

Shock crossed the gatekeepers' face when they heard that the pirates in front of them were the Straw Hat crew. They quickly apologized for their rudeness and opened the gates for them. "Huh?" Shanna tilted her head. "Are they not gonna attack us?"

"We've got important guests!! Prepare the feasts, we've got to take good care of our great benefactors!!!" Wanda shouted. Everyone's jaws dropped when they saw the astonishing sight. Gigantic houses made of pineapples just hanging on the trees... Humongous grapes! A sanctuary built from nature! But what really shocked everyone, were the crowds of Minks who gathered in front of the gates and outside their homes to welcome them. 

"GARCHU!!!!!" They screamed.

"Welcome! Straw Hats!!!"

"GARCHUUUU!" Luffy shouted back. "Hey what the hell does that mean anyway?"