Halloween Special! Modern AU

Law let out a low growl at all the crazy decorations in the house. Shachi and Penguin were dead set on holding a Halloween party. Ever since the three of them moved in together to this nice single house in a fancy neighborhood, the two nurses have been stoked for their first Halloween here. They covered all the bushes with fake spider webs, and carved out pumpkin lanterns for the doorstep.

Law was one of the luckier surgeons in their hospital to have this day off. He really wanted to spend the day just chilling around and watch some documentaries or something, but Shachi and Penguin already sent out invitations to all their friends. Knowing them, the house would be so loud that he wouldn't even be able to hear with headphones on.

Ding dong!

"It's early for trick or treating..." said Shachi, who was hanging up the fake skulls on the wall.

"Could be Robin, she's always early," said Penguin, who was busy making the drinks. "Law you mind getting the door?"

Law rolled his eyes and maneuvered himself past the boxes of decorations they had yet to put up, and finally made it to the front door.

"Trick or Treat!" Poppers exploded in his face the moment he opened the door. His eyes widened when he saw his young red haired girlfriend.

"Shanna? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" he asked. She wore an army green coverall stained with weird black stuff all over. Her face was still covered in oil stains, which signaled Law that she must have come directly from her part time job.

"Shachi and Penguin said you guys are holding a party and invited me over! It's a Saturday anyways so here I am!" Shanna beamed. She held a large plastic bag in her hand. "I heard there are lots of kids in this neighborhood so I brought candy!"

"Shachi already bought candy," Law said.

"Well wouldn't hurt to have more!" Shanna grinned at him as she walked inside. "Am I early?"

"You're fine Shanna-chan! Just in time to help out with decorations!" said Shachi.

"Haha! Wow these are so cool!" the redhead dashed towards the nurse to help him put up balloons and other stuff. Law let out a soft sigh before smiling at the sight of his girlfriend. He hadn't seen her in a while, especially since she just started college. The last time he saw her must have been a month ago. They always call each other and send texts, but he definitely missed having her around the house.

"Whoa what are these?!" Shanna asked Penguin as she walked into the kitchen. "Looks like blood."

"Exactly. It's my secret vampire drink!" Penguin said proudly.

"Can I have some?" asked Shanna.

"No, there's alcohol in it," Law said as he pulled her away.

"But Law, I'm 18!"

"The legal drinking age is 21."

"You do know that nobody in college gives a crap about the legal drinking age right?"

Of course Law knew. He too was once a college student, the type that would get wasted at a frat party. It was exactly because he's been through everything, and because he's a doctor, that he's now overly protective of this little girlfriend of his.

"I'll buy you bubble tea," Law said.

"You will?" Shanna's eyes gleamed at the mentioning of her favorite drink. Her curiosity for Penguin's vampire booze flew out the window almost immediately. Law smiled at her as he pushed her into his room, leaving Shachi and Penguin to continue with their decorations.