thirty five - epilogue

-seven years later-

**third person's POV**

the sounds of a new born baby screaming bloody mary cuts through the raidus of five rooms in the hospital. a little girl, begging for milk and the warmth of her parent reaches out to the air, grasping nothing as her eyes struggle to open. a nurse whips round, taking the small baby to another corner of the room as two stressed families are just outside the door. they sit with their heads in their hands and their feet padding along the floor as the pace the width of the hallway.

the nurse, about in her thirties, cleans the child before wrapping her warmly in a blanket. she gently picks her up and carries her over to the woman who just spent a good hour pushing her out. a woman, barely scraping the age of twenty holds the child to her chest and cries, rubbing her head as she looks between the two men stood next to her.

she places a kiss on the baby's head, handing her over to the taller of the two and reaching out for water on the table next to her. the screaming baby stop instantly, now being held in the arms of a different man. the room finds a sense of quiet as only beeps and the shuffling of nurses and doctors fills the new found silence. the shorter lad, the one with small bits of stubble on his face being scratched and rubbed with nerves, gets the cup with a straw and holds it next to the woman.

alexis. that's the name of the woman who birthed the baby girl who will be fathered by louis and harry. a gorgeous woman with dark brown skin and pitch black hair, pulled back in tight boxer braids. she sucks on the straw for dear life, not having had water for a few hours now. louis holds the cup with shaking hands, thanking the woman over and over again for what she has given them.

she pulls away from the straw and puts her hand on louis arm. "lou, stop. I want you to have her, she is your daughter" she reassures, trying to stop the choked sobs from escaping louis' mouth. "look" she starts, turning to harry who is craddling the baby in his arms. "he's the father of that child, and so are you" she says, shoving louis' arm to go around the bed and stand with harry.

he steps next to harry and looks down, seeing gorgeous blue eyes staring right up at harry as her mouth opens and closes showing healthy pink gums. she reaches out and grasps harry's pinky, wrapping her whole fist around the finger. harry lets out a wet laugh, looking over to louis with wet eyes and a huge smile.

"it's our baby girl lou" he says, leaning over and kissing louis' lips softly. he sways back and fourth, bouncing gently as the baby in his arms coughs slightly. "sh sh shhh" louis whispers, raising his hand to the little girls head and grazing his fingers gently over the hair that covers it.

neither louis nor harry gave their sperm for this child, chosing to help a woman who sobbed to them because she fell pregnant with a man who shouted and begged her to abort. she couldn't bring herself to do it, knowing she couldn't look after the child but still wanting to have it. she chose instead to go to a hospital that offers new born babies to couples who don't want or can't have their own children. she met louis and harry there the first day she stepped into that place, watching as they filled out forms for a child and not discriminating against anything.

race? doesn't matter

sex? doesn't matter

parents ethnicity? doesn't matter

other preferences? doesn't matter

they just wanted a baby.

she sat down next to them, poking louis' shoulder and telling them what had happened. they looked at her with deep sad eyes, harry reaching out and pulling her into a hard hug, carefully avoiding her stomach that was already showing, as to not hurt the baby. when they pulled back, louis elbowed harry out the way as they all chuckled. he pulled her down into another hug and squeezed her tight, whispering apologies into her ear.