nine

(make sure to read the A/N at the end. it's hella important)

**harry's POV**

all night we were talking. all night. I went to sleep at around three because I just couldn't put my phone down. we spoke about so much random stuff. we even flirted back and fourth, but that probably doesn't mean anything to him. but god did it mean something to me.

right now I'm in fifth lesson and I can feel just how tired I am because of my four hour sleep, but I don't regret it at all. we talked about him coming over tonight and he said he wouldn't mind walking straight from school to mine. I didn't have any lessons with him today so all I've been doing is thinking about him and imagining how tonight will go.

we're going to meet at the school gates so we can walk to my house together. now all I must do is get through ten more minutes of mrs. williams blabbing on about tectonic plates and then I can go meet louis.

ten minutes later and I'm practically running out the room. I'm just about to sprint down the halls to get to the tree when my bag is pulled back from behind by james. "harold, where are you going in such a rush?" he asks and wraps me in by the shoulders. I'm not a short lad, but james is taller than me, making it easy for him to stop me from getting out of his grip. he has brought our pace to a very slow one.

"no where important, my mum just wants me home to see my sister. missed her s'all" it's not a complete lie, but I'm hoping it's enough to get me out of this. "oh you're such a mamma's boy. fuck that, come down to the beach with us, owen is bringing drinks and lots of girls" he brings his voice down to a whisper in my ear. I shiver at his suggestion.

that is the last thing I want to do right now. I just want to see louis.

"uh no thanks, I'd rather not and I haven't seen gemma in ages, she won't be down for a while after today" more bullshit, gemma is down for a week and she is coming back in just under a month, but I'm really begging to go. "oh gemma, bring her with, I'd love to get with her" he squeezes me under his arm and I tense at his words. I immediately shove him off me and lace my tone with a lot of anger. "don't you dare talk about gemma in that way. she is not one of your bitches you can fuck a couple times then drop. she is my fucking sister. leave her alone or you will deal with me. fuck off james" I turn around and walk away from him. how dare he talk about gemma like that.

I really hate him, and I don't hate many people.

I need to go see louis right now, just thinking about him calms me down and there is no doubt actually seeing him will relax me completely. and I'm right. I leave the school building and he comes into view. he is perfect. I walk up to him and pull him into a hug, surprising him, but he relaxes into my grip and wraps his smaller arms around my torso, burying his face into my white school shirt and tie.

"hi lou" I breathe into his hair and I feel his lips move saying 'hi harry' into my chest. I release him and he steps away from me, before we both turn and head for my house. "are you okay?" he asks in concern. he's so sweet. "yeah, james just said some shit and pissed me off. I'm okay now, I'm with you" I bump his hip as we walk and I watch as his face goes red. "what did he say? if you don't mind me asking" he quietens down towards the end of the sentence, which makes me go soft.

he cares so much.

"oh he was just talking about my sister, gemma, in a way I was not happy with, but lets not dwell on it, I don't want to be in a bad mood all night" I look over to him and see him nodding his head along with my words. "I really don't like him" he seethes and I can't help but swoon over how adorable he looks when he's mad. "neither" I agree and he lets out a dry laugh.