twenty four

A/N
ooooh a funky A/N at the beginning this time. just thought I'd say this before you get started so make sure to read this. I'm sure some people have been noticing two specific people *cough* niam *cough* getting closer so this chapter is here to try and explain it. this all takes place just before and after the first rugby match louis goes too (chapter fourteen) anygays, enjoy <3

**niall's POV**

it all happened so suddenly. everything was great with lily, we went on a few dates and kissed a couple of times, then I just saw her with some other guy, holding his hand and clinging to his side. I asked her what she was doing and she just dismissed me. the girl I had a crush on for years plainly picked someone else.

it hurt. a lot.

I needed to talk to someone, and I didn't want it to be harry because he has so much to handle with louis. so I spoke to liam. he helped me with more than I can thank him for. he's really sweet and has been comforting me mentally but also physically. it's like he can sense when I'm upset or having a bad day because he'll just hug me.

he holds me in his arms, plays with my hair which he knows I love, kisses my head and lets me sleep on him. he has been an absolute life saver and I can't thank him enough. I've been seeing him a little different lately.

and then a week later liam told me he and hannah broke up, and I'm not sorry to say that I was kind of happy about it.

**liam's POV**

I let this happen. and I can't find a reason to be mad about it.

**flashback**

"liam babes, I need to talk to you"

hannah pulled us to sit at a table in the library. usually we sit on the floor by the books, sitting at a table means a serious conversation. "what's wrong han?" I gently ask, taking her hands in mine. "we aren't working anymore li, I think we should break up" she takes her hands away from mine and sets them in her lap.

"what? why?" I look at her, silently asking her to continue. "I don't think you love me anymore, and I don't love you either. I'm so, so sorry and I wish I could stop this but I can't help that I've fallen out of love. I'm so sorry liam I really am" I can hear the sincerity in her voice and I kind of understand where she is coming from. "what do you mean I've fallen out of love?" I ask, wanting to know exactly what she thinks.

"well, I see you with niall, and please don't get mad at me but I think you see him as a bit more than a friend" she moves away, clearly scared I'll burst at her accusation. "han, I'm not gonna shout at you. what does 'I see you with niall' mean?" I just want to understand this situation, and the only way to is ask her questions.

"well, you comfort him, hold him and look after him in a way you used to do with me. now I'm not mad that we've drifted, because we have li, I'm saying that in a way it's good we did because it's given you a chance to form a different kind of relationship with niall. honestly, I think it is adorable, and if you find you do like him, go for it because he seems to really enjoy being with you" she concludes her speech by taking one of my hands in her and rubbing it. "just think about it okay? and I hope all goes well. thank you for being such an amazing boyfriend, and you know I'll support you no matter what. I love you li, just in a different way now"

she stands up and I quickly follow, taking her into a hug and holding her tight. "thank you" I whisper into her shoulder and pull away. "you're right" I say very quietly, only letting her hear. she doesn't answer, just nods her head and walks away, leaving me to my thoughts.

**end of flashback**

she is right, I do like niall in that way, and us breaking up really solidified it. we have both been getting a lot closer recently and I can't deny that I don't like it. I want to ask him out but I know I should check if he actually likes guys. I've always had a feeling that I was bi, but I've never sat down and had a chance to really think about it. I guess I don't need to because I know for a fact that I like niall.

**niall's POV**

the rugby match is almost over now, with oliver aiming the ball through the posts. he gets it through and the team tackle him in a pile on. once that's done, the team disperse into the crowd and I see harry lift louis in a hug. I open my arms for liam and he takes me into a hug, cradling my head and putting his hand into my hair.

we stand in each other's arms for what feels like forever and when we pull apart, he gently moves me to the indoor area by the doors and hides me behind there. he takes his hands off me and nervously moves around. "uh niall I w-wanted to ask" he starts, twiddling his fingers and looking down. "yeah?" I egg him on, wanting to know if he's thinking the same as me. "a-are you- agh I don't know how to word this but uh-" "liam just spit it out" I'm getting slightly impatient now.

"do you like guys?"

my mouth falls open and I stare at him. "clealry not" he sighs and starts to walk away, but I pull him back by his wrist and cup his face. "yeah" I whisper, pushing my lips to his and catching them. he finds my waist and sets his hands there, holding onto me while my arms go around his neck. we keep it short with only our lips before I pull away and wait for his eyes to open.

"liam look at me" I say, wanting to see his beautiful brown eyes. he slowly opens them and smiles widely at me. "so you do?" he asks leaning down and placing a kiss on my nose. "yeah. yeah I do"

*-*-*-*-*

A/N
and that's how niam came to be. I struggled to write this and figure out how to get it but I really wanted a side pairing and I'm a sucker for some niam. I love you all <3
- S