two

**harry's POV**

I'm sitting so close to him. he's helping me with my work and we are sitting so close together. I'm internally freaking out because this is the first time I have spoken to him since we were partnered together for a project two years ago.

since then I haven't been able to keep my thoughts about him at bay or my wandering eyes from staring at him. no one knows I like him. well no one except niall and liam. no one knows I'm gay, but then again I don't exactly show that I'm straight so I don't really know.

niall and liam aren't going to hear the end of this from me. I'm leaning over his arm and my chin is mere millimetres from his shoulder. if he was mine I could rest my head there and snuggle into his shoulder, but I can't do that.

"so you've got it now?" he asks and pulls me from my thoughts. I shake my head and pull away slightly. "sorry what did you say?" I respond and watch as an annoyed expression takes over his features. no, don't be annoyed with me. I can't help that you're so distracting.

"harry did you even listen?" he drops his shoulders and slumps in his chair. how can he make that position look so sinful. "no I was, b-but I just g-got distracted by....t-thinking" I stutter all over the place and mentally kick myself. I'm such a mess around him, but he makes me weak in the knees.

"can you explain it again please? I promise I'll listen this time" I plead and flash him a dimpled smirk. he goes bright red and I can't help but notice a small smile inch his way onto his lips. he opens his mouth to answer but is interrupted by the deafening bell ringing through the room.

no. no please can we just stay here a little longer. please. I want to sit with him longer.

he gathers his things and sighs loudly. "please louis I need more help" shock takes over his face and his eyes widen, but his glance is behind me. is he scared of me? "louis?" I push again and he snaps out of his daze. "uh y-yeah sorry. w-what do you want m-me to do?" he trips over his words while holding all his stuff in his arms. looking mighty cute while doing so.

"could you help me after school maybe? in the library?" I plead and hope he will actually do it. it's not just because I want to see him again, I do need help. seeing him is just a bonus.

a very big bonus.

"um y-yeah sure that's g-good. I'll meet you t-there" he nods his head in my direction and quickly scurries off. he wasn't acting like that during the lesson, what happened?

suddenly I feel someone slap their two strong hands on my shoulders, shaking me slightly before wrapping their one arm over my shoulders. "why were you talking to the prissy boy?" Matt's deep voice fills my ears. I flinch at his use of words. I hate how they torment and bully louis, for something he can't control.

"don't call him that. and I was asking for help after school" I shove his arm off my shoulders and walk away from him, trying to catch up with louis.

"lou! wait!" I shout over the crowd of shorter students. why must the sixth formers have a lesson at the same time as the tiny year sevens. they get in the way of everything.

I can see louis walking with zayn a few feet away, but he can't hear me. I try shouting louder but before he can finally acknowledge me, I'm being pulled back by my bag. I turn around and show the person my pissed off face, but it immediately softens when I see niall.

I can tell him about my amazing maths lesson.

*~*~*~*~*

A/N
I know it's a boring chapter but I needed something before they meet after school. there is a little more before the actual thing but don't worry, you won't need to wait long <3
- S