eight

**louis' POV**

unknown number 7:36pm
hey louis, it's harry, would you mind helping me out with maths again tomorrow? it's alright if you can't

I was right at the end of my english homework when I heard my phone buzz. I ignored it until I was finished, giving myself some time to put all my things away. I picked my phone up, that was facing down, and looked at what message I got. I scan over the words and my eyes widen at the name.

"hey louis, it's harry"

he text me. he actually text me. I'm gonna faint. I quickly open my phone and go to the messages app, typing out a reply and impatiently waiting for one back.

unknown number
7:47pm

hey harry. yeah I am free tomorrow. so library after school?

could we maybe go to my house? all the boys are going to the library after school tomorrow and I know what they'll be like with you

oh uh yeah that should be good. I'll check with my mum though
she said yeah

okay great. thank you so much for helping me

of course. it's not a problem

I quickly go and change harry's name to 'harry' before I lock my phone and put it into the pocket of my joggers, not expecting anymore messages from him. he won't want to carry on the conversation with me.

I walk out my room and make my way downstairs and into the lounge. before I can even say anything I am being bombarded by two little four year olds clinging to my legs. "louuuuiiisssss" they shout in unison and I chuckle at them. my twins sisters, only four years old but I can already see them being exactly like lottie.

"hiya what do you two rascals want hmm?" I squat down to them and pull them both onto my hips before raising up with them comfortably sitting there. "loulou" daisy pulls some strands of my hair with her little hands while phoebe pokes and prods at my face.

"leave your poor brothers head alone" my mum steps in behind me. I chuckle at her before putting the girls down and picking a seat in the lounge. fizzy is sitting by the tv watching some show on CBBC while lottie fiddles with her hair from behind. it looks like the twins were on the ground playing before I came in, and judging by how my mum sits back down, she was reading a book.

I pick the two seater and slump down. the twins waste no time in running over and crawling on to the couch with me. daisy taking her place on my lap while phoebe sits on the back with her legs dangling over my shoulders.

I go to snapchat and take a quick picture of them, having them smile then show my mum. she coos at the adorable picture before turning back to her book. I'm about to move to instagram before I get a message.

assuming it's from zayn I move to the messages app and I freeze at what I see. there's a blue dot next to harry's name. I thought that was it earlier. he's still talking to me?? I can't ignore the bubbly feeling in my stomach and the huge smile that ghosts it's way onto my face.

harry
8:01pm

so what are you doing right now lou? I'm curious

uh if you really want to know, I'm watching tv with my sister's

awh you're spending time with your sisters, that's sweet, you're such a good brother

that made me smile wider than it should have

glad to hear it. I really like your smile

the smile that was already sitting on my face grows even wider and daisy takes the opportunity to poke at my cheeks. "loulou's smiling" she says with a giggle while phoebe feeds her little fingers in my hair. "why is loulou smiling?" my mum asks and I roll my eyes, not being able to take the smile off my face. "nothing mum" I say back and look down at my phone, typing a reply to harry.

stoooop it, I'm smiling and daisy won't stop pinching my cheeks

"and you're texting someone, who's making you smile so much boobear" my mum moves around in her chair, putting her book down and giving me and my phone her full attention. "no one mum, they just said something funny s'all" I quickly dismiss her, hoping she'd drop the subject.

she doesn't.

"ooooooh you said 'they' that means it's someone who isn't zayn. you would have said if it was zayn. are you talking to a boy?" she questions with a giddy attitude and wide smile. she knows I'm gay and she couldn't be more accepting, but she is meddling in something that isn't there. harry and I are just friends.

"no mum, it's just harry, I'm helping him in maths that's it" I try to wave her off but my phone is snatched from me by two smaller hands before I can do so. I watch as phoebe throws the phone to fizzy who has apparently joined the discussion. "oooh someone called harry, and oh is he flirting with you? and, are you flirting with him too? oh this is good mum" fizzy gasps through her sentence and scans her eyes over the conversation.

"heeeyyy that's my phone, give it back fizz" I get up from my chair, letting phoebe's feet fall to the back of the couch as I set daisy on the chair behind me. she jumps up and on to the couch, holding the phone above her head. "nuh uh, you have to tell us all who harry is first, or I will text him myself" is she really black mailing me? wow I've taught her well.

"ugh fine, give me my phone first" I demand, hoping she falls for it. "I'm not stupid lou, you tell us, then you get your phone" I really have taught her well. dammit. I guess I have to tell them now. I step away from her and sit back down, placing daisy in my lap while she sits back on her chair.

"he was moved next to me in maths and he asked me for help after school on Monday, then I helped him again after school today, and he asked me for more help tomorrow. see I'm just helping him in maths, that's all" I let out a breath and hold my hand out to fizzy, silently asking for my phone back. "that's not enough" is all she says and I look at my mum with pleading eyes.

"mum? make her give it back" I ask and she just smiles and shakes her head. "I'd like to know more, keep the phone fizz" she smirks at me and I gape. I taught everyone in here how to do all this and they're using it against me. wow.

"oh my god fine. he's really sweet and kind and he's gentle with me. he always tells the other popular boys to stop picking on me and he doesn't care that I'm gay. and he's really hot. like mum he is really hot" I can feel my face tinge red and I hope that will be enough to get my phone back. "okay, here you go then" fizzy hops off the couch and brings the phone over to me. "thank you" I answer before getting up and heading to my room.

I unlock my phone as I close my door behind me and I'm faced with something that will get fizzy running away from me.

are you my brother's boyfriend?

****

A/N
I liked this chapter a lot, and it also gives an insight into louis' family and his life at home. ily you all <3
- S