25 ♚ Forevermore

: 25

— Forevermore 

Sir!” you shouted. 

The man at the counter of the ramen shop looked rather freaked out.

“Can you see this man?” you asked, grabbing Lawliet’s hand and dragging him over.

“What exactly are you talking about, Ma’am?”

“I mean this guy right here!  Is he visible to you or not!”

“Er… y-yes, he is visible to me, why?”

You looked into Lawliet’s eyes.  Those round, mysterious black eyes.  He smiled at you.

“Am I hallucinating?” you gulped.

“No, you aren’t,” Lawliet said softly. He stared back into your eyes, causing you to be dazed.

Lawliet’s velvety, calm voice quickly reminded you about how much you needed him.

“Lawliet,”

You caught onto his shirt just in time before you nearly hit the floor.

“Are you alright?”

“I…”

This just had to be a dream; a really, really good dream. He was standing right there. The man you fell in love with was standing right there; although he was supposed to be dead.

Lawliet laughed.

“I’ll explain to you later.  Hey, are you okay?” 

You fell onto the floor, dizzy.

“Don’t wake me up,” you said quickly and nervously.

“You're not dreaming. You're not dead. You are not hallucinating. I can assure you—" he picked you up so that he could carry you, “—that what you are experiencing right now is real. I’m one hundred percent certain. No, I’m actually one hundred-fifty percent certain. And you don't hear me say that often.”

“But I thought you were dead,"

“SHHH!”

He chuckled. “Let’s go back to headquarters.”

* * *

“Watari, I’d like some alone time with her, if you don’t mind.”

“Understood.”

Watari was alive, too!

“So before I explain anything,” he held you in his arms just like before, “I’ve missed you enough to nearly go insane."

“But, I thought you dead,"

“Let's just say I have fairly good acting skills,” he said, winking at you.

“So that heart attack was just acting?!”

“Well,” it was then that he pouted slightly, “It was to help solve the Kira case, of course.”

“Right, I'm sorry.  But do you know how much pain it caused me?”

“I should apologize as well,” Lawliet continued, brushing a stray strand of hair out of your face.  “You remember Rem, do you not?”

He then touched your arm with the death note.

Woah!” you exclaimed.

Rem was Misa’s shinigami, the monster-like creature in front of you. “Rem," you began nervously.  "Were you the one who tried to kill him?”