15 ♚ Plan of Attack

: 15

— Plan of Attack 

"Here,"

"What? You really didn't have to,"

Lawliet yawned. "Just take it, please,"

You took the ice in your hands and held it to the cut on your leg.

"Thanks,"

"No Problem," he smiled at you. Again, it wasn't exactly the most appealing smile. Then you got a picture of the grudge girl in your mind again.

You spat your tea out and kept laughing, choking and coughing every few seconds.

"Alright," Lawliet spun around and sat down in his chair; or in other words stood up on the chair and hunched over. He took a bowl of sugar cubes and popped them into his mouth one by one, just like they where peices of popcorn.

"Ryuzaki. Matsuda seemes to have disappeared."

Chief Yagami held out the phone. Lawliet quickly grabbed the phone with his thumb and his index finger.

"Yes?" Lawliet asked as he tried to quickly swallow the last bits of his sugar cube.

"Ryuzaki? Hi! I was just wondering if you knew anything about where Matsui went," you could hear her through the phone. Lawliet put the phone on speaker.

Matsuda was posing as Misa's manager, Matsui.

"No. Did he say where he was headed?"

"Hm! Let's see. He said that he was headed to get me a new gig, so I could model for a magazine or something like that."

Lawliet's eyes became wide.

"Yotsuba," you mumbled.

"What?" Light looked at you.

"Nothing, I'm probably wrong."

"______." Light's face got closer to your's, "We need to know what you said,"

You quickly turned because of the fact that he was in your personal bubble.

"Yotsuba. I think that he went to the Yotsuba building,"

"What makes you think that?" Lawliet looked at you.

"Well, Matsuda may want to gather evidence and pretend that he's there just to get Misa a new modeling gig,"

Everyone continued staring at you.

"What? Every time I come up with something you guys always look at me weird! Sheesh. Anyways,"

Lawliet's mouth was crooked, almost as if he was trying not to laugh. Light's expression was the same. 

"I also think that he might want to be proving something by going there; that he's smart or useful enough to remain a member of the task force,"

"That was my deduction as well," Lawliet pinched the cell phone back up to his ear. "Misa, please stay there until someone picks you up."

"What?" you could hear her shout through the phone.

"It won't be long. Don't worry," Lawliet hung up on her.

"So Matsui! Buddy! Do you, like, wanna go drinkin' tonight?" Lawliet's impression of a drunken teenager was so perfect that it was hilarious.

"Er... no thanks, I'll pass," Matsuda tried giggling casually. Lawliet put the phone on speaker.

"What's wrong, dude? Are you, like, having trouble with money?"

"Haha, yeah, big trouble. With money."

"'Kay, then! Catch ya later, dude!" then he hung up.

"Matsuda's in trouble," he once again pressed his thumb to his lips.

"Come along," Lawliet jumped out of his chair. he was on all fours for about 5 seconds and then jumped up, "I have a plan,"

He lifted you and everyone followed him out of the room.