Chapter thirteen

I sat in the mud behind a large bush with Alex, Herc and Ben. I remember the first time I ever saw Alex, the person I was so deeply in love with.

I was on my chariot, wearing some sparkly green costume, waving at the crowd. Suddenly, I felt something smack my face. I looked around the chariots in front of me, and saw the one and only Marquis de Lafayette smirking at me. I raised an eyebrow, then grabbed a rose and tossed it back at him. Soon we where starting a rose fight, trying to keep it off camera, though.

Then I realized someone else joined in the rose fight, Hercules Mulligan. I smirked and we continued on, until the chariots reached the end of the large road and started to move in a circle. We ran out of ammo, but still cast funny looks at each other. 

Now it was either listen to President Snow give the welcoming speech, or stare at the TV showing all the tributes. I glared at the TV, it showed images of all the different tributes. Suddenly, the TV flashed over to a boy wearing fire colors, along with white and black.

He looked like a freaking fire pit.

but I couldn't help but gasp at how beautiful he was. The most handsome boy in my entire life stood on a chariot, looking like a fire pit. The TV flashed away to someone else, so I looked around the ring of chariots for the boy. I spotted him in the very back, district twelve. I stared at him dreamily. Everything was perfect, his ponytail, his face, his everything! I needed to get to know this boy.

Then there was the night when we where up on the roof together.

I rose up in the elevator, I needed to take a breather, trying to get this boy out of my head. Yet once the elevator reached the roof, I saw him, sitting near a tall fence, staring out at the city. I almost had a heart attack, he was so handsome. I spent about ten minutes thinking about what to say. Then finally I gave up and just walked up to him.

"Beautiful, isn't it," I said, walked towards him.

I had enjoyed talking to him so much. Although he did seem a bit non-happy, he was still to handsome to take my eyes off of him. He was also short, so insanely adorable. It had been so hard to contain my blushing- this guy was all to perfect. I swore then I would protect this little precious person for all my life.

Then way back in the training center, what felt like weeks ago.

He was sitting there, being adorable, his nose in a book. I stared at him the entire time, almost fainting when I caught a glimpse of his eyes. 

I might just be a bit obsessed with a boy I never met.

After a couple boys walked past my favorite little guy, Laf finally pushed me over towards him, obviously noticing I was going insane. I stumbled over to him, took a deep breath, and then bent down towards him. 

"Hey," I said, trying to breathe normally.

He kept reading, ignoring me. I don't know why, but I thought it was adorable. His face when he was annoyed with someone, it made my heart melt. He scrunched up his nose a bit, and tried to avoid eye contact. Oh this was to perfect.

"I'm talking to you," I said, trying to start a conversation.

He ignored me again. I took a deep breath, then sat down close to him. Alex's breathing increased a bit, and so did my heart rate, as I looked over his shoulder at the book he was reading.

"Hmm... Interesting," I said, not even actually reading it.

He was so adorable! And way to tempting to tease. He moved away from me, still staring at his book. I moved over towards him, and leaned over his shoulder. Trying to contain my laughter, and stop my heart from melting. Why is this boy, someone who obviously hates me, so amazing already?