Chapter eight

For the rest of the training session Laurens went back to his happy normal self. I sat and read a book or two, while he annoyed me half to death.

"Hiya," Laurens said, walking up to me for the millionth time today.

I looked up from my book and glared at him.

"What do you want?" I grumbled.

"I want you to show off your spear moves," Laurens said.

"I don't have spear moves, that's a rumor. I'm bad with weapons," I said, wanting to get out of this conversation.

"That's not true!" Julie shouted, running up to us with brightly colored paint on her face. 

Laurens raised an eye brow at me.

"I saw him earlier today with the spear. He threw it and it hit the target," Julie said.

"Julie, I barely have any experience with a spear. I used to throw some wood around when I was younger, that does not qualify me," I said.

"But you where good at it!" Julie said.

"Sure, and why does this matter?" I asked Laurens.

"Because we need someone to help teach me how to use a weapon. And I like spears, but I still need an instructor," Laurens said.

"Laurens, You are the emotional support, not a warrior," I said to him, and looked back down at my book.

"Come on," Laurens complained. "I will seriously embarrass you if you don't teach me."

"Try," I challenged him, and then went back to my book.

"ALEXANDER SAYS THAT HE HAS A CRUSH ON A BOOK!" Laurens shouted.

I kept staring at my book. Its not like that would matter. I'm just going to die tomorrow anyway. And honestly, having a crush on a book did not sound that bad. 

"And get this! he even said he wants to have book babies," Laurens laughed.

Now I think I might just be getting bullied. I sighed and ignored all the tributes laughter. I felt Laurens look at me, but I ignored him and kept reading.

"And then earlier he said that the book was a biography about President Snow," Laurens said.

Okay now he crossed the line.

"Laurens, stop," I said seriously. 

"Teach me then," He threatened.

I have to admit, I liked the evil blackmailing side of him.

"Fine," I said.

"OKAY NEVER MIND I MADE THAT ALL UP!" He shouted, and then smiled at me.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over towards a rack of sharp spears. I picked a spear up and he did to.

"First lesson, I have no experience with spears. I have experience with random sticks. I aim to hit peoples heads through small spaces like open windows, I've never learned about actual combat," I said.

"Wow you are really talkative today! I think you actually just said more then one sentence to me in one day," Laurens said playfully.

I glared at him, then positioned the spear I was holding in the position I used when throwing through windows. Laurens tried to copy me, but failed miserably. I grabbed his hand, positioned it correctly, grabbed him and positioned him correctly, then grabbed his spear and put that in place.

I looked back up at him and noticed he was blushing slightly. I looked away from him. We stood there awkwardly for a moment.

"Um... so, just throw it over there. Use this hand to give it extra speed and make sure to keep your feet like that when throwing," I said.