Chapter sixteen

(A/N TRIGGER WARNING! Includes punching, knives to throats, and such in this chapter. Lots of it actually. The rest of this note would only apply to and make sense to Splashi6. Heyyeyeyey reference, if you can find it ill let you have a piece of my Halloween candy. I know you'll find it- Not that hard. I'll save a Snickers for you)

The Panem anthem started to play, and me, John and Hercules peered out from our cave. The first face to appear was Lafayette's. I heard Hercules start to quietly cry at the image of his face, with a big number two beneath him. After that only two more faces appeared, Christy Heart from Johns district, district eight, and then Martha Cook, from district nine. That left only Jefferson's team and our team.

I looked up at John, and he looked down at me.

"It'll be alright," John said, wrapping his arm around me. 

I leaned into him. I stared out at the trees and rocks, and further away was the beach. I let my eyes drift slowly over the beach, but no blood appeared. No death. Maybe because I was close to John, in his arms, my head on his shoulder. 

I looked up at him, and he bent down, touching his forehead to mine.

*~*

I woke up in the morning, and felt something in my hand. I opened up my eyes to see John holding my hand, and his face only an inch away from mine. I smiled slightly, then let go of his hand and sat up. I was the first one awake, so I decided to start up the fire again and then go outside to check my traps.

I grabbed a knife, Then I stepped outside, I took a deep breath, then headed towards where my traps where set. I walked into the forest, soon the cave was out of sight. I found my first trap, although it was empty so I walked further away towards my next trap. Suddenly I heard the boom of a canon. I quickly turned around, my eyes wide, looking for where the cave was.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I sprinted towards where I thought the cave must be. Did John die? He cant die! I thought, but the life like images of Johns dead body began to crowd my thoughts. Another canon went off. Hercules? NO! I thought, picking up my pace. Then suddenly I crashed into someone.

*~*

I woke up to the boom of a canon, and realized Alex was not here. I frantically stood up and looked around. A tear rolled down my cheek. Did Alex die? He cant die! I thought, and raced outside the cave. I heard another boom. I looked around, but Alex was nowhere in sight. I started to sprint into the wooded area, but I skidded to a halt as I heard voices.

"They where traitorous, I saw them trying to run," I heard Ben's voice. No not Ben, he betrayed us, hes Benedict now. 

"Alright, thanks," I heard Jefferson's voice.

I looked through the trees and spotted a dead body, but It wasn't Alex, it was Elizabeth Schuyler.

"And you got Peggy?" I heard a female voice say, she sounded mad at Benedict, I would guess it was Maria Reynolds.

"Yes," Benedict said smugly.

"She- She would never betray us," Maria stuttered. "She and I where really close."

I heard a snort from Benedict, and then a loud thump noise. My eyes widened as I spotted Alex, he had just run into Benedict. I readied myself to jump in front of him for protection, he was not going to die.