Chapter one

(A/N epic Hunger Games-Hamilton crossover time! there is blood, gore, stuff like that although no swear words or smut. Its a bit boring near the start, wait 'till the real action begins! I'm a bit rusty on my Hunger Games stuff, so i might make mistakes in descriptions or how things work. Enjoy!)

I was roughly pushed in the back by a Peacekeeper. Their white uniforms sickened me. I had just turned sixteen this year, I was so close to being free of the Reaping. I stood in line behind many other people my age, we all wore old brown clothing with holes in them. everyone was skinny, probably had not even eaten in days.

Life in District Twelve was no paradise.

"Next," A Peacekeeper said in a bored voice.

I stepped forward and the Peacekeeper poked my finger with a small needle. They forced my finger down onto a sheet of paper, it left a fingerprint of my blood behind. They did this each year, I never learned why, but I guess its to keep track of people.

I was roughly pushed away and sent to stand next to all the other sixteen-year old boys. the crowd in District Twelve was much smaller then any other, most children did not survive to an older age due to starvation in the winter. The only way I had survived was by stealing.

"Welcome! Welcome," I heard a high pitched voice in a microphone.

I looked up at the stage. A Capital lady stood in front of a microphone. she wore a huge white wig with all kinds of accessories in it, little pink butterflies, sparkles. The lady was wearing a tight hot-pink dress, with sparkles all over it. her face was covered in makeup, she looked like some pink clown. she had white gloves on, and next to her there was a bowl full of pieces of paper, another identical bowl on her other side.

"Lets begin, shall we?" The lady said, and the huge TV that was set up beside her flickered on.

A video about revolution was played, what happens to those who fight back, just trying to scare us. I didn't even watch the video. I had seen it enough. Eventually, after lots of boring words from President Snow, or as me and my brother called him, President Snowballs, the lady reached her hand inside on of the bowls full of paper. 

"Ladies first!" She said, picking through the paper.

She took a small piece paper out of the bowl. She stood close to the microphone. There was a moment of silence, and then she read out loud.

"Julie Wood," The lady said.

A couple girls parted out of the way as a small girl walked slowly towards the stage.

"Aw, come here honey its okay," The lady said.

The girl started crying as she stepped up on the stage and stood next to the bowl for girls.

"Lovely, lovely, and now for the boys!" The lady said.

She reached her hand into the other bowl, dramatically poked around and then finally grabbed a piece of paper. She walked back over to the microphone and read out loud.

"Alexander Hamilton," She said.

I paused. my heart was racing. A couple boys near me backed away.

"Come here," The lady said kindly.

I took a deep breath, and walked up towards the stage as slowly as I could.

"NO!" Someone shouted. I turned around to see my brother, James.

"James, stay out of this," I said, staring at him and trying not to cry.

"TAKE ME PLEASE!" James shouted.