Chapter six

I had ended up sleeping on the roof. I mean, its not that weird, right? I had hid behind a strange box while Laurens left. It wasn't cold out, so I kind of just curled up on the roof. I guessed that my apartment door would be locked, and I would have to talk to humans before they opened it for me. I really don't like talking, it always ends up so terribly, like last night.

Laurens was quite the strange person. He randomly wanted to become my, the weird loser's, friend. And then for some reason it was really easy to talk to him, I just kind of let everything come out. That's what I get for talking to people, I guess.

I stood up slowly. I realized I had slept in my fire-suit thing. I sighed and looked around. The jacket part of my suit had disappeared, I did not really care, so I just walked towards the elevator. I yawned, pressed the twelve button, and the elevator started to descend.

The door opened on floor twelve, and I quickly walked over to my room. The door was left open, so I just walked right inside. I shut the door behind me, and walked into the bathroom to wash the makeup off my face. Once the makeup was gone, I looked at my face in the mirror. Much better.

I looked at the clock, it was eight in the morning. Training started at ten, so I went over to my bed and started to read some of the books I had stolen from the training area. strangely, any word that started with L was was longer then five letters I read as 'Laurens'. I think I might be loosing what was left of my sanity.

"There you are!" Julie shouted. "FOUND HIM!"

I looked up from my book at the girl. She was wearing a huge puffy dress, probably from her closet.

"Alexander you had me worried sick!" Effie said, and walked into the room. More like waddling, in her bright green and pink dress.

I rolled my eyes and went back to reading my book. All of the sudden I felt something hit my head, hard.

"What was that for?" I complained, Haymitch had appeared and slapped me in the head with one of my books.

"Oh, he talked!" Julie said.

"You almost cause the entirety of the capitol to send police forces to go find you!" Haymitch said.

I sighed.

"You need to participate, as well. I watched you in the training center. If you are at least going to try to win for your brother then, well, TRY!" Haymitch said.

"Sense when do you care?" I grumbled. "You spend all your time drinking."

"Effie and Julie have reminded me that sometimes its better not to give up right away.  Also John Laurens stopped by and convinced us to pay special attention to you and train you and fix that attitude," Haymitch said.

"Laurens ruins everything," I complained.

"But he was right. We need to get you ready. John Laurens told me how he asked you to join is team and you rejected him, You need to go fix that right now young man. If you have even the slightest chance, its with them!" Haymitch said.

"What, did you guys sit down and have dinner and share all your future plans for me?" I asked.

"Actually, yes we did sit down for dinner. He is a very polite person, the opposite of you," Haymitch said.

I looked back at my book and started to read more. Then all of the sudden my book went flying across the room, and it hit the wall. Haymitch had slapped my book out of my hands.

"That WAS my training!" I said.

"Lets get some physical training in you," Haymitch said. "Come on."