Chapter two

(A/N okay so I'm sorry i forget when they get their costumes for the chariot ride, so i'm making them get theirs on the train.  Welp, I'm doing it like that so if I'm wrong I'm doomed lol. WARNING! major depression stuff! I'll put a * where the depression starts and ends)

*

I sat in my room for the next day. I did not eat or anything, probably giving off the vibe that I was mega depressed. I had cut myself... multiple times... maybe I was depressed. 

*

I heard rain on the roof of the train, and I could not help myself from flinching at the memory of the hurricane.

I had been in District Four, with James, mother and father. I don't quite remember why we where there, but we where. The winds where blowing down trees, ripping houses apart and destroying an entire city. James had almost died that day. The memory flashed before my eyes.

I stared in horror next to James and mother. father was off on Peacekeeper patrol, we hadn't seen him in a year or so. Maybe that's why we where there, to see him. We where sitting on the beach, people ran screaming everywhere. I had no idea what was happening.

Suddenly, a palm tree ripped out of the ground and slammed into James's chest. 

"James!" I shouted, and ran over to help him.

Mother ran over too, and together we made sure he was okay. The palm tree rolled back down the beach. I looked up at the sky. It was yellow. Suddenly it started pouring rain on us, mother picked us both up and ran over towards a nearby building. I was probably only six years old or so then, but the memory haunted me forever.

We sat safely inside a house together, I thought I was safe anyway. That's when the entire building caved in on us. I was suffocating under a pile of rubble.

I shook the memory away. A little rain outside the fastest moving train in all of Panem was not going to make me get emotional. I curled up on my bed and stared blankly at the white walls. Someone knocked on my door, and then I heard some footsteps nearby.

"C'mon man. At least try to participate or Effie will come at you with a surprisingly sharp pink high-heeled boot. I know this because shes standing outside holding it like a weapon. Come and at least try to get to know us, at least your fellow tribute!" The golden-haired drunk man said.

I sighed and turned my head away from him.

"You know, if you act like this when you get you get fitted for your costume you're sure to get attacked with sharp shoes," He said.

"Costume?" I asked.

"Ah, so you can talk. Yeah, costume. what else are you going to wear for the chariot ride?" The man said.

I grunted and settled my head on my pillow.

"I'm Haymitch," He said, holding out his hand to me.

"And I am someone who would like to be left alone," I said.

"Well, we got a moody one right here," Haymitch said, and I heard him open up a bottle. "Want some?"

I turned to face him. He had a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"I'm sixteen," I said.

"Never to young to start," Haymitch said, and took a gulp of the liquid.

"I'd rather not die young, thanks," I muttered, looking out the window.

*~*

"This should do," Someone muttered.

"No it does not go with his hair," Someone else explained, and I felt the scarf get ripped off my neck.

Survive together [Lams Hunger games AU]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें