13 | humiliations

"When a man dresses up for a meeting, it reflects his sincerity. Strangely enough, when a woman does so, it reflects her willingness to sell her body in exchange for her demands."

-

13 | humiliations

*Fleur London*

I sighed. "Sir, you need to trust us. Our pack doesn't have a reputation for nothing. We have one of the best warriors in this continent, why would they not be able to catch someone, if it were an ordinary wolf?" 

He nodded slowly and smirked, leaning back. "You keep a valid point but I spare your pack on the basis of your reputation." 

"You can test us. You can test the fitness and skills of our warriors if you wish." 

"That won't be required," he said. "As I have already decided what it'd like you to do in return for me sparing your license."

The look he had on his face was not very promising, making me look at him warily. 

"At first I was perplexed as to why Mr. London would send a girl for negotiation but now I understand." He said, flashing his slightly yellow teeth as he smiled creepily. 

My eyebrows scrunched and my fist clenched as I started understanding the meaning behind his words.

"Today he taught me how having an unmated daughter can prove to be quite an asset." He leaned back, taking a sip of his wine. 

I threw daggers at him through my glare. How dare he.

"I am not just his daughter, I am the Alpha Heiress. I didn't come to this meeting as a girl, I came here as someone who holds a position in this pack, high enough for negotiations." I said, in a strained voice, trying not to let my anger show too much. 

He didn't seem fazed by my words at all as he took another swing of his wine. 

"These flamboyant concepts keep women delusional till they find their mates. Then their mate becomes the Alpha, and suddenly they come to an epiphany that being an Alpha Heiress is just as good as being mated to an Alpha." He leaned towards me, looking straight into my eyes. "You will soon just be a luna. A trophy wife, an object of exhibition and of administration." 

My wrists were shaking at this point and my teeth were grinding against each other, due to the sheer rage I was in. The words 'how dare you' were on the tip of my tongue but I was forcing myself to swallow them for the sake of my pack. 

The future of my people is in the hands of this bastard and I couldn't let my pride and his prejudice destroy them.

"Daughters are always an asset but somehow the world finds it a difficult concept to grasp." I said, taking a sip of my own wine.

I relaxed my posture and I sat back. "Whether or not I become an Alpha are matters of future concern. Let's not delve in that and look at what we have now." 

"My conditions are simple," he said. "I let people go if they are nice to me." 

"Nice to you?"

He chuckled. "Come on, you didn't wear that pencil skirt and red lipstick for nothing." 

As I looked at him in disbelief, I realised something. 

When a man dresses up for a meeting, it reflects his sincerity. Strangely enough, when a woman does so, it reflects her willingness to sell her body in exchange for her demands.