02 | pressures

"No matter how sincere people act, no one can deny the sinful pleasure you get out of gossiping."

-

02 | pressures

*Fleur London*

"Even Sabrina has found her mate now. And she's a couple of years younger to you. When are you going to find your mate?" Father asked me, in a rather livid tone.

"I'm still young, papa. I am sure I will find him soon." I said. "Do you think I should travel to different packs for mate hunt? Like other Alpha heirs do?"

"Are you nuts?" He said, his anger visibly rising. It's rare to see him like this. Maybe, he let's his emotions show in front of his family. Because otherwise, like when discussing business, he always has a blank face on and it's difficult to understand what he's thinking or feeling.

"You are not a regular Alpha heir. You are a female. Do you think it will look nice if you go around looking for a mate?" He added.

I pursed my lips. I didn't think there was anything wrong with a female looking for her mate. Why is okay for male Alphas to be desperate about finding mates but not female alphas?

"Maybe we can invite Alpha Heirs to our pack. In case one of them turns out to be our daughter's mate?" Mom suggested.

Father nodded, "I like the idea. Even though a few Alphas have been to our pack for mate hunt before, there are many who yet haven't. I'm certain one of them will turn out to be her mate."

"What if my mate is not an alpha?" I blurted out, without thinking and regretted it immediately upon seeing the expression on my father's face.

"Why won't he? You are the purest of the pure bloods. Your father is an Alpha, so was your grandfather. You mother is a daughter of an Alpha, who was himself pureblood. You will certainly have an Alpha as a mate. In fact, he'd be a very powerful Alpha. Someone who himself is pureblood. I'm sure of it."

Don't jinx it. I wanted to say. Because everytime someone is so sure of something in movies, so bad happens.

And I didn't even want to think about it.

<><><>

"Is it true?" Tammy whispered, as we were sneaking some ice cream out of the fridge to enjoy while watching movies late night.

Tammy is literally the only person of my age group that I talk to in this pack house.

And that is not because I approached it. I have always been too guarded to do that. It's because she approached me.

"Yup." I said. She was referring to Sabrina finding her mate. The news is quite a hot topic to talk about in the pack house these days.

"Woah." She breathed. "She really became the first out of us 3 to find her mate. I feel bad for her mate though." She snickered. "I wonder if she'll beat the shit out of him over tiny things like leaving the toilet seat up."

I snickered with her on this, as I remembered the incidence. Once, Sabrina had dated the gamma of a neighboring pack— which we never understood why. Once, when he came to visit her, he left the toilet seat of her washroom up. She said that it was inconsiderate of him to do so and got so angry at him that she literally broke one of his ribs. Needless to say, they broke up right away.

Man, she's scary.

Also, isn't this whole toilet seat thing silly? Why is it okay for women to leave it down when it is considered inconsiderate for men to keep it up?