21 | foresight

"You don't have to be heartless in order to prove that you're strong."

-

21 | foresight

-Fleur London-

A feeling of fury ignited in me when I saw 2 huge handprints on the bonnet of my car. Insinuating that he had stopped the car with his own hands to protect me from hitting a vehicle.  

I didn't appreciate being reminded of him and I definitely didn't appreciate having an impression of him on my car. A tiny little fairytale-loving part of me wanted to cherish the handprints as like a 'memory', but a larger, more self dignified part of me decided to get rid of them.

"Please get rid of them." I said, massaging my temples. The aftermath of yesterday's heat was a massive headache and a general soreness all over my body. 

Samuel looked at me with wide, surprised eyes and then looked back at the largely mutilated and disfigured bonnet. 

"I'm sorry for out stepping my boundaries, Alpha, but may I ask what happened?"

I sighed. "Please don't ask questions, Samuel. Just get it done." 

<><><>

"Fleur, I need you to sign these— oh good lord, you look horrible." Tammy said, as soon as she saw my pale face and puffy eyes. 

"Gee thanks." I replied, sarcastically, "I love it when you shower me with compliments." 

Tammy chuckled, a playful glint in her eyes. "Get some sleep, Chief. But first, sign this for me." 

"What is it?" I yawned groggily, rubbing my tired eyes. "Why would I give up my responsibilities and appointment Sabrina to look after the trainees from the Mighty Wolf pack?" 

"I've worked so hard on that project and it's the first project that has completely been planned and executed by me." I continued. 

Tammy gave me a confused stare. "But the Alpha asked me to prepare the papers. Hasn't he talked to you about this?" 

My silence was her answer. 

Before she could say anything I said, "He might have not got a chance to talk to me regarding this yet. Perhaps, he'll mention it soon. I'll take a good glance at the papers and get back to you as soon as possible, okay?" 

She nodded and bowed a little before leaving the room. 

I glanced at the papers and sighed. I shouldn't have mentioned my disinterest in appointing Sabrina in front of Tammy. It is true that Tammy and I often badmouth Sabrina together. But now, things are different. We aren't so young anymore. I'm gonna be an Alpha soon. A good Alpha never expresses her bias that easily. I could blame the headache for my mistake but it is not a good enough reason. 

Massaging my forehead, I shook my head. There's still a lot that I need to learn.

<><><> 

I couldn't sleep a wink even when I tried to because of that damned paper. After a while, I gave up all attempts and decided to talk to my father directly. 

Using some makeup, I covered my dark circles and tired skin, and headed towards his office. 

"Come in, Fleur." His voice said from within and I entered his office. 

"Good morning, Father, how have you been?" 

He gave me a tight smile. "Good, a bit worried about you, that's it."