11 | stresses

"You know he's an exceptional werewolf. You have seen it with your own eyes. When you are sure of yourself, it's easier to convince others."

-

11 | stresses

*Fleur London*

Walking up to the section of supernatural and mystical creatures, I picked up the encyclopedia that had the list of all supernatural creatures to have ever existed. 

I placed the book on the table and pulled out a pen to jot down the names of creatures with similar characters to him. No scent, extreme skills, presence of mates like werewolves.

"Okay, let's start." I mumbled to myself. 

It took me hours and I practically pulled an all-nighter as I flipped through the pages of the entire encyclopedia. Not many characters matched his characteristics. The fact that he was scent-less greatly narrowed my search as most of the supernatural creatures have a scent.

Then if I added the characteristic of being fast and brisk, a few more options were easily eliminated.  

Finally, I had two options in front of me, one was of a South-Asian Nine-Tailed Fox Gumiho. It is something I had never heard of. It's a creature deemed to be found in forests of Korea, China and Japan. By the looks of it, if a wolf lives over a thousand year, they can develop the ability and power to shapeshift into a beautiful woman that can seduce men just to eat their liver. A gumiho has no scent and has amazing competence in fighting. 

And the second, was a Lycan. 

A lycan is something I have heard of, and honestly, I had even considered him being one in the past, but their existence is controversial. 

If I'm going to be really honest to myself, I was highly inclined towards the option of a Lycan. Gumihos are asian and if not just that, the text doesn't mention them having any mate. 

The biggest hurdle to solving this however was, if I trust the words of that man he should have a mate — but the text says that Lycans although are a lot like werewolves do not have a mate. 

Frustrated, I clenched my hair, growling. Why cannot a single thing be simple.

Either he lied or he's not a lycan. Do I have any way to find out?

I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard a frantic knock at the door of the library. 

Hastily, I hid the encyclopedia and pages on the nearest shelf before saying, "who's it?"

"Fleur, it's Jeremiah." 

"Come in, Jer." I said.

"Did you hit him with the knife?" He said immediately as he entered. 

"No. If I had, you would have known since we would have captured him." 

He frowned,"So you didn't then?" 

I wish I could say the fact that the intruder literally dodged a weapon that cannot be dodged, but I couldn't. Announcing that there was a creature amongst us that is stronger than us and not of our kind, meant inviting chaos. If ordinary werewolves come to know of this, they'd panic, things will reach the council and it'd be a mess. 

"I didn't meet him." I lied.

He scrunched his eyebrows. "But he did cross the borders…" 

I shrugged. 

Jeremiah looked like he was about to say something when we were both mind-linked by a pack member of ours.

'This is an emergency! Please pay attention.  Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Fleur, Sabrina, Tammy, Jeremiah and Justice, the council has found out about the intruder. Someone from within the pack leaked the information and now they are coming for inspection. We received their email at 6 AM. Their representative will arrive tomorrow.' Said Samuel, one of my father's secretaries.