23 | past

"It's complicated."

-

23 | past

*Fleur London*

"Andrew?" 

With difficulty, I tore my eyes off the crestfallen look on Olivia's face to look at Domingo, who was standing there was a stoic expression. His face was much harder to read, but I could tell that he identified Olivia. He was familiar with her.

"Enjoy your food." He said in an emotionless, hard tone and turned around to walk away. 

"No, wait, Andrew." Olivia said, taking a deep breath and lunged forward to grab his elbow. 

My eyebrows shot up in surprise as I had not anticipated this to happen. My knowledge of her being Alpha Chance's mate, heightened my curiosity and confusion regarding the scene that was unfolding in front of me. They are not mates, that is for sure. 

Domingo's shoulder became stiff at Olivia's touch. His breath became laboured and he closed his eyes, to perhaps compose himself.

"Kindly behave yourself, ma'am." He said in a tone of mockery, shoving Olivia's arm away. "We don't tolerate this kind of behavior from our customers."

With one final glance, he finally left for the kitchen and Olivia didn't stop him this time. 

I was looking at her with an intended stare, when her eyes met mine, and she knew she was up for an interrogation. 

<><><>

"I request your cooperation, Olivia, for this is a matter that concerns my pack's safety and privacy. You claim that a human being is living within my pack's territory with a fake identity." I said, in a formal tone to Olivia, who was now with me in the meeting room. 

"I am cooperating only because it's a matter of my friend's safety." Olivia murmured.

"Please be a little more descriptive." I said. 

"Katherine and I have known him since school." She said. "We were bestfriends. He just… he just got harmed, severely harmed because of me in the past, which caused him to lose his family—"

"You are omitting a lot of details." I commented, folding my arms over my chest. 

"They are not important." 

"The fact that he's aware of werewolves' existence seems pretty important to me." I said each word a little slower than normal, letting it sink in. 

Her eyes widened. "How did you know?" 

"It's quite obvious." I leaned back on my chair. "I'm sure you'd like to be more descriptive now, because if I complain about your friend to the council, they will find him and erase all of his memories." 

"Please don't do that." Olivia said, immediately. The tough girl that I had seen all month, showed no hesitation in pleading for her friend. "I'm sure that's the exact reason he's hiding in disguise. He already lost his family, he can't lose their memories too. That's all that he's left with." 

I stayed silent and she sighed. 

"It's my fault." She said. "He got involved in a business he had nothing to do with, because of me. Around a year ago, when Ryder and I were plotting the fall of Reece, our notorious former Alpha, Andrew accidentally overheard us and learned about our truth. We weren't aware of his knowledge, and he kept it a secret. He wanted to help us in need. During our struggle, I was once put behind the bars by the council, under the crime of treason. I didn't have any witness in my favour. My main witness was Reece's mate and had taken his side. It was then that Andrew came along and spoke up for me. We were horrified and scared for him. He didn't realize that the council would inevitably want to erase his memory. Mates of werewolves are the only humans that are allowed to know about our existence, any other human, if discovers our truth, gets their memory taken away by the council."