17 | conversations

"I want him to look at me like a girl who knew her limits, not like a girl who couldn't even control herself in front of a committed man. I can handle him not loving me, but I can't handle him hating me." 

-

17 | conversations

-Fleur London-

"I have decided to not disrespect his relationship, Fleur. I will not be a homewrecker." 

"What do you mean—"

The look of determination and severity on her face was replaced by a broken one as she said the next words. 

"I've decided I'd reject him." 

My jaw dropped as I stared at her in absolute shock and despair. "You will— what?" 

"I will reject him." She repeated herself as if she was talking to a toddler. 

I shook my head. "Don't you think you are being too hasty?" 

Her eyes started pooling with tears. 

"Perhaps I am." She said in a small voice, sniffling. "Perhaps I am rushing it because I know if I don't, I might end up doing something that will make me hate myself for the rest of my life." 

"The more time I spend like this, the more I see him, the more feelings I will develop for him.  When I saw him for the first time, I was already madly in love with him. Every time I met him afterwards, whether it was just taking a glance at him as he got off work, or making excuses to go to the restaurant — I fell deeper. My feelings for him increase even when I don't see him. When I am just day-dreaming about him and yearning for him. If I just keep going like this, I will end up with feelings that are too much for me to handle. I might end up trying to chase him, I might end up disrespecting his relationship and I don't want that." 

"I want him to look at me like a girl who knew her limits, not like a girl who couldn't even control herself in front of a committed man." She said, finally. "I can handle him not loving me, but I can't handle him hating me." 

Her last words really made an impact on me and I shut up for a moment. A thousand things were running in my head. 

"Madeline, I applaud your courage. More than that, I respect your decision to hold onto your morals." I said, "However, one thing there is that, perhaps Domingo isn't as serious about his relationship as you think! Humans aren't like us! They have flings all the time! Maybe it was just that. What if you reject him and break your heart, and after that you find out that they weren't even serious about each other." 

"Domingo isn't the kind of guy to keep flings, Alpha." She said, definitively, without even needing to think twice. 

She had a small smile and a faraway look in her watery eyes as she said, "My mate isn't the one to keep flings. I know that. I knew it the moment I met him and he shied away from my gaze." 

Her smile widened as she reminisced her memory. "Any other guy would have jumped at the idea of a girl flirting with him. He didn't. He doesn't talk too much, I've noticed. He won't say a thing until it's necessary. He isn't the one to do superficial conversations, he is a deep talker. I am sure he is like that when it comes to his friendships and relationships too. He won't have a girlfriend if he doesn't mean it. He must really love her."  

"He might but he will love you more. I can't love anyone more than he will love you. That's how a werewolf's mate bond works, you know that." I said. "With human mates, they feel just 10% of the bond and attraction at first, it grows up to 50% after spending time together and to 100% after mating. He probably ran away because he was terrified of the attraction he felt towards you as soon as you met."