09 | dilemmas

"Either you can let them tag you as a weak ruler even before you take the throne, or you can make them cheer for you, as you walk towards it."

-

09 | Dilemmas

*Fleur London*

"Fleur, I need to talk to you." Jeremiah was standing at the gate of the pack house and said this as soon as a reached home.

I wanted to groan in exhaustion because all I wanted to do rightnow was go to sleep but I cannot do that.

So I just nodded and we walked to the meeting room.

"What happened?"

"Me and my team thoroughly checked the CCTV images of the pack borders of the last month. We wanted to note the dates and time when he entered the pack, and we observed a pattern."

"A pattern?"

"Yes. He comes every Monday. With no exception. It's been a month since he has started this and come to the pack 4 times. You saw him just 2 times. But you saw him every week till last Monday, so that means, the week that you saw him, wasn't his first visit. It was his third."

I nodded my head slowly, processing the information.

"Not only that, he time he comes is also roughly the same."

"What time is it?"

Jeremiah hesistated a bit before saying the next line.

"It's around the time your shift at the part time job gets over."

"What are you trying to say?"

Jeremiah pursed his lips and sighed. "Fleur, I'm sorry, I might be crossing my line by saying this." He took a deep breath. "Don't mind me, but these facts seem more than a coincidence. The time he arrives, the fact that he always comes in front of you, they seem more like a coincidence."

"Does it make any sense?" He said, "No one can even catch him, he's so fast, but you saw him twice."

"He did run away from me too." I said, defensively. "The first time, he literally started away almost as soon as I asked why he was here. Perhaps he didn't attack first because I am a girl and there are still plenty of wolves there than believe in not fighting with a girl."

"But—"

"You are thinking too much into it, Jer." I said. "He comes at a fixed time on a fixed day and that time just happens to coincide with the time I get off my job. Maybe that's the reason I saw him twice. Had his intention been to harm me in any manner, he could have done that when he kidnapped me."

"That's true but," he started saying, "even if it's just a coincidence, you are at a higher chance of catching him than any of us.

I was silent for a bit.

"You yourself said that your timings coincide." He tried to persuade.

"Yeah, I guess..." I trailed off, unsure of what his next words will be.

"Then I need you to do one thing. Carry this knife around with yourself," he tossed the royal knife of our Alpha Family in my direction that I catched with ease. "Throw it at him next time you see him. We can't physically catch him but we can do this—"

"Are you serious, Jeremiah?" I said outrageously. "You want me to stab him when he did absolutely nothing to harm my pack. Did he intrude without permission? Yes. But did he ever harm any pack member with intention? No. I do not have any good enough reason to want to kill him. That's unjust and ruthless."