Chapter 42

Authors POV

The weekend came around; Melissa and Chris took Abby out to get furniture for her room. Abby picked out a loft bed, with shelving for Abby's bits and bobs, while Abby's toys go in the playroom along with the twin's toys.

After an hour in the furniture store, designing Abby's room, Chris organised it to be delivered with her brother and sisters furniture.

When the family finished Melissa and Chris took Abby out for ice cream down at the park where they were going to give her a special surprise.

Arriving at the park, Abby ran to the playground. "Abby 10 minutes on then we will have an ice cream" Chris calls out to Abby soon to be daughter.

"Ok" Abby continues to the playground while her parents set up the picnic blanket.

Chris helped Melissa sit down, now finding it hard to get up and down off the floor. Sighing, Chris looked at her and sat down.

"You ok?" Chris asked, sitting behind her, allowing her to lean back into him.

"Yeah, I can't believe its official, she has a father that loves her" Melissa smiled.

"I will always love her. I don't care; she isn't my own. I don't care if Abby tells me she hates me, or that I'm not her real father, I will be there every time she cries, and when a guy breaks her heart, I will be the one to tell the young man to watch it. I will be the one to walk down the aisle, even if we grow apart, I will always be there for the both of you" Chris listed with melissa smiling.

"I doubt she is going to say 'I hate you' she adores you" Melissa smiled with Abby running towards them out of breath.

"Can we get a drink with my ice cream, I'm thirsty?" Abby asked with a red face.

"Sure lets got to get you a drink and an ice cream. Chris, did you want an ice cream?" Melissa questioned, getting up slowly.

"Mint choc chip please, and a water would be good" He smiled nervously. Their plan is for melissa to go with Abby to get a drink while Chris sets their surprise up for Abby.

Early this morning Chris brought his car down to the park with a few balloons in it and some gifts for Abby so they could surprise her.

___________

Melissa and Abby walked back to their spot where Chris had set up Abby's surprise. Melissa and Chris asked if Edward could tape the magical moment so they could enjoy it too.

Abby was licking on her ice cream, looking around and spotted the ice cream. "Mummy look balloons" Abby screamed.

"I wonder who they could be for?" Melissa questioned her daughter.

"Me! Me, you had a surprise for me they are for me!" Abby screamed, running over to Chris.

Melissa tried to run. However, she had two ice creams in her hand and two growing babies in her belly that was kicking today. Hustling as she could to join Chris and her daughter.

"What's this for?" Abby asked, looking at Chris.

"Well, your mother and I wanted to ask you something" Chris started smiling, sitting down on the floor with us.

"Chris is the one who wanted to ask you, so how about I take your ice cream from you?" Melissa suggested to her daughter Abby. Placing their ice creams on the small table, Chris stored in his car.

"Here," Chris started, handing Abby a gift the size of A4 size.

Abby ribbed open the wrapping, revealing a box. "What's this?" Abby asked.

"Do you want me to read it to you?" Chris asked Abby, smiling, she nodded, sitting on Chris's lap. Smiling, Melissa watched.

'Dear Abby, ' Chris read.

"Over the last couple of months, it's been an honour greeting to know you and take care of you."

Continuing, Melissa could see Chris starting to get emotional, as was she feeling emotional too. Abby looked up at Chris, smiling. He continued to read the letter to her.

"I love taking care of you and your mother. And will continue to take care of you till the day I die. I am honoured that you want to call me her father. I would love it; we can make it official." Chris continues with a smile on both of their faces.

"So Abby, would you do the honoured in becoming my adoptive daughter?" He finished pulling a small box from behind his back out, opening it revealing a bracelet with a unique daddy-daughter charm.

"YES!" Abby jumped into his arm, falling back onto the grass. Chris chuckled hugging his daughter officially.

"Mummy, I have a daddy, a real one" Abby jumped up and down.

"Here we thought it might be nice to have it framed." Melissa smiled, handing Abby a framed certificate of Chris's signature, declaring him her adoptive father along with her mother's signature.

"Can we get a framed photo and put it in my room?" Abby asked

"We sure can and guess what; we got it on film too" Chris whispered, pointing at his friend Edward.

"Your the best dad" Abby smiled, hugging her now an adoptive father.

"I love you, Abigail" Chris smiled, giving his daughter a kiss.

"Mummy comes in here for a family hug" Abby smiled Melissa joined in their hug.

The family enjoyed their time together at the park as a family. While Abby played, Melissa and Chris sat on their picnic rung while Abby played on the playground.

"So I was thinking, what if we got Abby a dog for Christmas? I was saving up to get her one, anyway?" Melissa asked her fiancé, looking back at him.

"I think that's a great idea, and I have wanted a dog for a while too," Chris smiled. "But let's surprise her" Chris whispered.

Melissa looked back at "I love the idea."

__________

Unknowns POV

The unknown spectator watches the family, watching Abby on the playground, watch Melissa and Chris laugh.

He didn't want to pounce now; he wanted to wait till the man could get Chris alone, hurt him, and kill him, he tried to take back what was rightfully his.

He heard Melissa call Abby's name; the young girl went running to Melissa and the man that is his worst enemy.

He watched as Melissa and Abby picked a few things up, watching them go back and forth to the car two times. When he saw he guessed Melissa's car leave.

The man stormed towards, "Can I help you?" Chris asked politely.

"To get the fuck away from my girls" the man spoke in a grudging voice.

"Ok, but I don't know who you are or who your girl is, I'm sorry man" Chris patted the man on the shoulder.

The man grabbed Chris punching him in the stomach windy Chris. "Dude" Chris coughed "What's wrong with you," Chris asked the familiar unknown man.

"I told you. Stay away from my girls" The man in the black cap and hooded jumper. Chris could see his dark eyes, with dark circles under his eyes.

"Ok," Chris put his hands up.

"I don't think you do" The man explained punch Chris in the face, as he fell to the ground, and continued to repeatedly punch him.

"Daddy" A voice screamed.

A witness and passer-by witnessed the most horrific thing they had ever seen, calling the police and paramedics. This passer-be will never get the awful high pitch scream, running toward the historical mother and fiancé.