Chapter 50

OMG GUYS I AM SOOO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED!! I HAVE HAD A LOT GOING ON IN MY PERSONAL LIFE. FAMILY STUFF AND MY HEALTH TOO (GOOD NEWS) THANK GOD. AND ON TOP OF THE I HAVE BEING WORKING A LOT TOO.  ANYWAYS I WORTE OVER THE EASTER WEEKEND AND HAD TROUBLE WITH WRTING, THEN REALISED THAT I WAS REPEATING WHAT I HAD BEING SAYING IN THE LAST CHAPTER. SOO I HAD TO RE REWITE AND WHILE I WAS EDITING THE FIRST TIME IT DIDN'T MAKE SENCE, THANKFULLY I HAVE IT ALL SORTED NOW. (DEEP BREATH AND EXHALE) 

ENJOY.

Melissa's POV

My parents aren't together anymore. They still come together to help my sisters and me, so we feel supported and have them around for special events in our lives.

Now that Chris is home and has had a few days rest, I have started to nag home to work on the baby's furniture and room with my dad.

We all set aside a day to paint the room before making the furniture and drilling it into the walls.

Being two months away from having a c-section, I feel the pressure to have it all done.

We decided it would be nice for Abby to get her room done so she wouldn't feel left out.

While my dad helped Chris build the rest of the furniture. Mum took Abby and me out to buy extra supplies, diapers, pacifiers, rugs, and sheets for their cots and gear up on different cute outfits.

I know how many Abby went through as an infant; I do not know how many our twins will go through in a week, let alone a day or two. Thankfully, it was extra since we got most of the items as gifts at our baby shower.

Arrive back home with more than fewer bags we needed. Abby helped to take bags to the door with my mum while I slowly slid out of the car. Abby had already gone up to her room, looking through her things I said she could get for her room along with a few treats mum brought her.

I called out to the boys, letting them know we were home. Walking up to the twins' room, I stood in the doorway, seeing Chris's muscles peek through the end of his shirt. Even though he hasn't been able to do any of his usual exercises, the wheelchair has undoubtedly helped keep up the tone in his arms. I smiled, seeing Chris look up at me. "How much did you buy this time?" Chris Joked. "Hmm, I think we're finished now; we have plenty of diapers" I smiled, walking in giving him a kiss.

"I am going to do some washing so we can have clothes and blankets washed." I smiled; Chris nodded and continued to work with my dad and build the remaining furniture laid out on the floor.

Mum and I looked through all the tiny baby clothes piling them in three baskets divided into whites and dark.

Looking at them before throwing them into the washing machine, it all became real to me; I suddenly felt a wave of anxiety come over me. I also felt joyful and tear up from the rush of hormones reaching my brain.

Mum came up behind me, giving my shoulder a squeeze and a kiss on the cheek, "You were slightly bigger than they will be." she whispered. We looked through all the onesies we brought over the last couple of days. "For the first time since Abby, I'm happy again. I'm thrilled with Abby, With Chris, and now with twins, my life's going to complete." smiling, I look at mum. "I know where I want to go with my family and my life," I finish, smiling throwing the remaining infant clothes.

"What about your dream to be a palaeontologist? I know as a child and teenager that's all you could talk about," mum stated. Chuckling, I looked at her.

"Mum, I need to be realistic; that was a dream. I have three kids I need to look after," I explained.

"You have Chris, who has money, hire a nanny. He could even pay for college," Mum explained. Shrugging my shoulders, I knew someday I would have to think about my dreams. Still, for now, it was my kids' dreams, which Chris and I had already discussed, he would do anything for us and our individual and family dreams at the drop of a hat.

Mum sighed and gave me a rub on the back.

"I just want you to be happy, and if that's a happy family or doing palaeontology, then I will be happy and support you. I know Chris will," Mum smiled, "Thank you," I smiled, loading the soap and turning the washing on gentle. Walking from the laundry to the twins' room to see that the men were still working on the cots.

Mum and I washed all the clothes, hung them out and brought them in, and separated them into two baskets read to pack away into the draws.

Mum and I went between the men and Abby's room to see how they were both doing. While Mum and I were in the twins' room, I saw my mum glance at dad.

My mum needs to get back out there and have a life, but apparently, here life is me, my mum sisters, and our families.

I squatted down next to Chris with a slight groan, not from pain but because it's so hard to get down and back up again. "You Ok?" Chris asked me, wondering why I groaned; I gave him a kiss, "Never better. Now when do we get to decorate the room with all their toys" I smiled excitedly, desperately wanted to have their room ready with all their toys.

"Tomorrow, cause I have a physiotherapist coming in an hour," Chris explained, finishing up tightening the screws to the last cot. "Ok," I whined. Chris kissed me again as we both chuckling.

Both my parents went their separate ways for the rest of the day. While Chris had his OT session, Abby and I sat at the kitchen table and did some drawings to hang in the twins' rooms so they could feel the love from their sister.

"Mummy, are you going to have time for me?" Abby asked me, drawing love hearts on her page.

"I will make time; you are my baby girl, my firstborn," I tell my Minnie me. Seeing her sigh, I knew it was bothering her.

"I will always have time for you, not in the initial stages after your siblings are born. I will always make time for you, and that might read to you before bed, picking you up from school or watching TV," I explained. Abby sighed again, "Hope about we have a spa day together?" I suggested; seeing Abby smile brought a smile to my face. I could use a spa day before the twins come along.

Chris Physio session finished. They suggested that if he didn't feel tired, we should walk down to the park and bring the wheelchair if he or I needed it on the way home.

So we locked everything up and headed down to the park for a pleasant stroll with Abby slightly in front of us.

"Abb, not too far in front," I called out, walking and talking. "Abby is a little worried that we won't have time together anymore, so I said we would have a spa day. Is that ok?" I asked him. "Sounds relaxing," Chris commented.

While Abby played, Chris and I sat on a chair close to the playground. "I was wondering, would you support me if I wanted to go back to school and study pantology?" I asked the love of my life.

"I will support you in anything you, Abby or our twins wanted because I love you all, and I want the best for my family" Chris smiled, kissing me. We watched our daughter Climb all over the playground swing on the monkey bars and jumping off the swing from a great height for a little girl.

We walked home and prepared dinner, bathed Abby, ready to watch a movie as a family tonight.