Chapter 35

Authors POV

As the weekend went ok, Melissa recovered, Chris and Melissa's families stayed for the week, Jess left because she complained she had too much to do at home, saying that mum and dad forced her to come, even though she didn't want to. 

Melissa didn't care because she and Jess never got along. Krissy needs to get home, so she asked Daves's parents to come to collect her kids so she could spend more time with her sister.

Melissa's parents stayed for the week, along with Krissy, her sister, so Chris could focus on Abby and himself while Chris's parents went home so they could have some time to themselves, and they would be back when Melissa's parents are to leave.

Melissa sat with her sister, "Thank you for staying means a lot" Melissa smiled, "No worries, just know if you need my help let me know. Oh, and Dave's coming back," Krissy laughed excitedly. 

"That's great when did you find out?" Melissa asked. "Just before we came here, I didn't want to break the news because I wanted everyone to focus on you, but maybe when you're all better, we can all do something?" Krissy suggested.

"You know I wouldn't have cared if you told everyone; it's such an enormous deal when your hubby gets back," Melissa smiled.

"I want to spend time alone with Dave, and with the kids, but I think it will be good for him to spend time alone with his kids" Krissy smiled Melissa smirked humming, "Well Chris and I would be happy to look after the kids so you too can have quality time alone" Melissa winked.
____________

Melissa's POV

Chris and I waved goodbye to my sister. We headed back inside, "So what did you want to do?" Chris asked me.

"Call the phycologist; I need to do it," I told Chris, he smiled.

"After you do that, did you want to pick Abby up and go out for ice cream?" Chris asked me.

"I would like that," I replied, I make my way over to the couch hopping on my right leg using the crutches, while Chris goes to get the number and all the details.

Chris came back with my forms, "Here's the number, did you want to go in or have them come here?" Chris asked me.

"I would like to do it here, I feel like I am safer here" I reply, he nods grabbing my phone from the coffee table, handing me my phone, smiling calling the hospitable phycologist.

___________

"Great, we will see you tomorrow" I end the call smiling, knowing this is the first step to a new life without him haunting my life.

"I'm so proud of you." Chris smiled, kissing my hair life. "Now, should we get Abby?" Chris asked me, nodding my head Chris helps me up. "I need to go to the bathroom," I asked, smiling he picked me up and took me to the bathroom before we went to pick Abby up from school.

When we arrive at Abby's school, Chris helped me out of the car, using my crutches as we strolled out of the car park into the school grounds, walking over to her classroom. 

"I'll get her bag," Chris walking over to get Abby's bag. Smiling, I sit down on a bench outside of the classroom.

"Hi Melissa, how are you feeling?" One mum asked me.

"I'm good, thank you," I reply with a smile. Even when I was working, I hardly talked to the mums or dads, though Abby didn't have that many friends. It concerned me, I knew she was shy, but All I Want is for her to be happy.

The bell rang, signaling their day had ended, her teacher opened the door seeing me, she smiled, I hear Abby's name.

Abby came out smiling, "Mummy" I heard Abby as she walked up to me. "Chris has your bag, we have a surprise for you," I told my daughter.

"Can we wait? I have a friend I want you to meet cause she's invited me over to her place?" Abby tells me with a joyful smile on her face. "Sure" smiling happily for her, it was nice that she is excited to go over to a friend's house,

"Mummy, this is Caymron, can I go over to her house on Friday?" Abby asked me.

"Sure, but I would like to meet her mum or dad first," I tell my daughter.

"That would be me," the lady who spoke to me earlier.

"Hi, I am sorry about before," I whisper.

"No problem here is my number. I am happy to pick Abby up and drop her home, Cayman is here on Fridays too, and my name is sally" the lady named sally smiled, holding out her hand.

"Sure, thank you sally, I will give you mine and Chris's number if there are any issues," I start. "Sure, here is my phone, add your number in it, and I'll text you" Sally smiles. "Thank you," Smiling, I add mine and Chris's number on her phone. "Will see you on Friday, Caymron" Smiling, I wave goodbye.

"So Abby, how would you like to go out for Ice cream?" I ask Abby.

"Why?" She asked.

"Babe, when we say would you like to go out for ice cream you don't ask why you just come with us, plus I think you deserve it, you made a friend" I smile hugging her.

"Ya," Abby smiled "We're going out for ice cream" Abby jumps up and down, Chris picks her up. "We sure are," he laughed. I get up and hop along beside them.

We get to the car park, Chris helps Abby in while I get in the car myself buckling up.

We headed to the ice cream shop while I got out of the car. Chris helped Abby out of her seat.

Abby held Chris's hand as I walked beside them, he opened the door for Abby and me, walking in beside us, we sat at a booth looking at the menus.

"So, what do you want?" I asked Abby.

"A milkshake and Ice cream," Abby happily smiled.

"Sure, pick out the flavour, and Chris will go get it for you," I smile.

"Can I have a vanilla milkshake and cookies and cream with sprinkle toppings please" Abby jumped in her seat.

"I will have mint chocolate chip and a vanilla milkshake myself" smile at Chris as he slid out of the booth, smoothly walking up to the counter.

"So, how are you feeling about school today's a week? Do you think you can do three days a week?" I asked Abby.

"I love school, but I'm finding too easy," Abby tells me.

"Hmm, well on Friday I will ask your teacher, and at daycare, we will see if they can start you on harder stuff, I guess you're just too smart," I tell my girl poking her on the news.

"Yeah, but it's because I have a smart mummy and daddy" Abby smiles. "Come here," I give her a hug, as Chris comes, "what did I miss?" Chris asked.

"I'm too smart for daycare and school," Abby tells Chris.

"Oh, I know your reading is getting better" Chris smiled

"So how .about your recent friend, I'm proud of that" Chris explained

"So am I.," adding on to Chris's sentence. 

Abby smiled, "So tell us about your friend?" Chris pushed

"She was a He, and we like the same things, plus she loves dinosaurs like me, and she's smart too," Abby smiled, telling us. 

"That's .good, what do you guys like to at lunchtime?" I asked.

"We like to play on the playground and run around" Abby smiled

"Very ni.ce, maybe we will have to take you too a dinosaur museum when I'm feeling better?" I suggested. "Yes," Abby smiled.

"Have you finished? I think it's about time we head home," Chris asked.

We all slid out of the booth, heading to the car, and headed home.