Chapter 51

It's been a long while. Sorry for the wait. here is an extra-long chapter for you :) enjoy

Melissa's POV

The last couple of weeks, Chris and I have been getting the twins' room ready for their arrival into the world. They ensured everything is perfect and easy and prepared for their arrival.

As promised, my mum took Abby and me out on a girls' day. Today I woke up feeling unwell with some pains and general nausea, and a slight headache. I didn't want to spoil that day for Abby because it will be one of the last days where we could spend one-on-one time together before her siblings come into the world.

We went to have our nails and toes done first before going to have morning tea. Sitting down in a booth while having morning tea, mum looked at me and whispered in my ear, asking if I am OKOK.

"It's just Braxton Hicks," as another hit me. My breath hitched, and I rubbed my belly.

Mum demanded that we all go home. "OK, but we are going home after. It would be best if you rested up," nodding with a smile. I put on a brave face for my daughter so she could have the day she deserves.

Some people might think that spoiling Abby isn't a great idea. However, it's been Abby and me for so long she will find it difficult for her to adjust to being the centre of attention. Then I see Abby very excited to have siblings to play with. I know she is going to be an amazing big sister.

As the day continued, the feelings of unease continued to worsen. The pains in my back became harder to hide, nausea became harder to control, and hot flushed made it worse.

"should head home," Mum asked. I nodded, trying to smile, showing my mum and daughter not to worry. Abby looked at me. I could see she wanted to stay and go on an inflatable zone in the mall.

"Abby, how about grandma brings you tomorrow? How does that sound?" I told Abby, looking at my mum.

"I would love that," Mum beamed.

Abby walked with mum and hand in hand to the car when I couldn't bear to walk any further. Mum looked at me. I tried to smile, but my face didn't let me smile.

"Mum, please, I want Chris to be here. Just take Abby home and get Chris," I explained. Mum started the car, pulling out, raced home within the speed limit.

I could hear everything, the things going on around me, the voices, Abby asking what is happening. Hearing voices around me and doors opening and shut, I hear nothing for 5 minutes. Once again, I listen to everything around me, talking and opening and closing the car doors. I feel arms around me, lifting me out of the seat. "Chris?" I moaned.

"It's dad. Chris is in the back with you; I'll look after Abby," I heard his voice ever so slightly.

"Chris", I whispered. "I'm here" I felt his hand. "I don't feel so good," I told him.

"We're going to the hospitable" Chris kept a hold of my hand, feeling the warmth of his hand caressed my face.

___________

Authors POV

The trio arrived at the hospitable as Melissa's mum raced inside to get nurses to help bring a gurney out.

Chris opened his door, getting out ready to walk with the nurses and doctors to the emergency department's delivery ward.

"I'll go park the car. You go with her," Mrs Benoist smiled. Chris nodded, following his fiancé and the nurses through. "What's your relationship?" The careless nurse asked.