Chapter 22 (Pt. 3)

Playlist -  Highway to Hell by AC/DC

Luna

I was too excited to sleep the night after my date with Ares and when I finally felt my eyes squeezing shut and brain dozing off, my alarm clock vibrated taking away the small amount of drowsiness I had in me.

5:15 am.

I had ample of time to get ready for school and to meet Ares. He was going to drive us both to school today and the butterflies in my stomach just wouldn't rest.

This is it. Last night was real and today I could live it again. The spell between us, the undeniable pull had grown stronger and more fierce. I was sure of it. It won't disappear the next time we see each other.

Heat rushed through my skin, and I couldn't hold it in anymore. I belted into the early morning air, and I laughed thinking about how happy last night was for me.

I had never felt this way before, not even when I thought that Axel was the one for me-- the urgency to see Ares again, to hold him, laugh and bond with him, all these emotions were relatively new to me.

But I didn't want my emotions to spiral with my sensibility. It was still very soon for us to become serious. I mean, we were just kids and I still had my senior year in front of me.

Ares would become a high school graduate soon which meant he would leave our school, our town to drift off to college to take the next step in his life whilst I would still be studying to graduate my senior year.

My mood dampened at the thought of Ares leaving me behind in this town. I wasn't fooling myself in thinking that we would last forever. Our separation was inevitable, I knew that, but it really bothered me that soon I'll become a distant memory for Ares.

He would forget about me, even though all the territorial words he utters everytime together, he will forget our time together.

Someone like Ares who undoubtedly had his entire future planned out for him. He'll go off to an ivy league school, study to gain knowledge, work at his daddy's office, become a powerful man, marry a trophy wife, have beautiful children and fuck a whore on his mahogany desks when no one is watching.

It was all so well thought, and I was just another pastime for rich boys like him.

Oh, damn it!

Why do I have to overthink everything? I just wanted to feel like a seventeen year old for a change rather than meddle in everyone's business because it only brought me pain.

A seventeen year old, experiencing her first love- was it love? I don't know, but it definitely was something. I was sure of it. I need to enjoy this time with him without any reservations.

Just be yourself.

Yeah, that will work. I could be myself with him and not over dramatize our puppy love. It will end someday, but not today. Today, I was his girlfriend.

I was going to be happy and not overthink for just fucking five minutes. I was going to be selfish and let myself explore the wild, brave and adventurous side with Ares.

Choosing to forget whatever doubt I had on top of my head, I got ready for the day.

It wasn't a habit of mine to take extra time to appear prim and proper for school, but today was different. I finally decided to wear the new school blazer that had been sitting in my closet since the beginning of the academic year.

The fit was perfect, my shirt finely pressed, not a single crease of my skirt and my tie neatly wrapped around my neck. My favourite headband completed my outfit.