Chapter 14

This book is also published on Inkitt and Dreame. Please support me there, because I don't know whether my account will stay on wattpad for long.

Just to be safe, I've created accounts on Inkitt and Dreame and I've an Instagram account too.

username for all is comicsthinker

follow my backup incase something happens to this account
comicthinker

Playlist - Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn

Luna

My head rested on my knees as my shoulders shook involuntarily. I should have taken the signs of someone breaking in, but how was I supposed to know that out of all Chase would be the one to break in.

Until today, I used to think Chase was harmless, but not anymore. It would take a miracle to happen for Mia to ever get out of his hold.

After a few moments, I took in my disheveled appearance. I had to get in my pjs not before making sure all the entrance were tightly locked. I lay awake in my bed, unable to sleep. I was still processing tonight's events.

"You're on the brink of ruining my life."

The words played over and over in mind. He was blaming me for almost ruining his life. How? Because Mia has outgrown her love for him? Did she ever loved him in the first place. And I can easily recall, the reason he showed up here was to teach Mia a lesson? Maybe.

What does he exactly want? He wanted nothing more than to control Mia' life, bend her to his will, dominate his existence over her. And how well will it play? Now that his and Charlotte' marriage is fixed, what role does he expect Mia to play in his charade?

Hell, I will get a migraine just thinking about this utterly fucked up situation.

I remember Axel saying Ares regards Chase very highly. I bet, he won't if he ever found out about what Chase had done to Mia. Just imagining how will Charlotte ever live with a person like Chase, not that Axel is some kind of angel. But, still.

"Ugh," I groan in frustration. Why did I had to interfere in other people's problems?

My phone which was on the bed, next to me vibrated. I took the phone in my hand only to see an unknown number's message. Opening the text, it read, I'm sorry.

I didn't I recognised the number. Could it be....?

Mia?

I got a reply almost immediately.

Yep. I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through. I honestly didn't expect Chase to go this far. Well, I should...... still, sorry.

Don't be. You've gone through a lot.
Are you alright?

I'm not. Wish I could end it all.

Don't say that. Never lose hope.

Easy for you to say..... I'm broken. I want my mom with me. To get me out of here, but Chase is doing his best to keep them away.

I wish I could meet you. So we could talk.

I wish that too.

Who's number is this?

It's Chase's other number.

He's letting you use it?

Complicated.