Chapter 27 (Pt. 2)

Playlist  - My Love By Gummy

Luna 

We cleaned ourselves and went to meet his parents in the dining room. I focused on our clasped hands and Ares’s reassuring smile. It will go well.

He lifted my hand to his lips. “You have nothing to worry about, you're beautifu.” I believed him. His warm breath soothed my nerves. 

His mother was of British  and an elegant woman. She greeted me in her Chanel pantsuit which in turn made me wonder whether I was underdressed in my red dress from target. 

“Ares told me you were a wonder and I can see that he really means it.” I flushed. “I hope my boy doesn’t trouble you a lot.” She winked at me and went on with her one-sided conversation. I could only ever nod my head politely and trade glances with Ares. 

I mentally churned the topics of small talk which will guarantee the center focus shift off me, but the arrival of Mr. Silas Torrance saved me. If there was anyone who could command the room with their presence, it was this man. Suddenly, I understood where Ares got his brooding intimidating aura. 

Memories of the night when Charlotte broke into my home resurfaced. Silas Torrance was at his wit’s end and I am sure he didn’t want me to remember his image from that night. 

The man squeezed his wife’ shoulder and nodded at his son. “I see, we have a guest with us.” 

“Ares invited his girlfriend to have dinner with us, honey,” Mrs. Torrance said, incredulously. 

“I don’t think we have formally met,” Silas Torrance, turned to me. “Silas Torrance, Ares’s father. And you, dear are..?” 

“L-Luna W-West.” I kicked myself mentally for sounding nervous. “It’s nice to meet you.” 

Mr. Torrance took his seat at the head of the table. The food was shortly served. I could barely swallow the delicious food down my throat. The weight of having three pairs of sharp green eyes fixed on me was overwhelming. Although, two pairs of eyes weren't as scrutinising as the other. 

I took several glimpse at Mr. Torrance. Undeterred, he maintained his poker face and icy stare at me. I was only ever used to Ares’s unrelenting gaze, but this was different. I couldn’t put a finger to it. 

I sent Ares several signals to let me out of here. The jerk, being stubborn as ever, didn't relent. 

After barely surviving the dinner with Ares’s parents, I let out a deep breath of relief when his parents retired for the night. Good thing because I wasn’t going to torture myself anymore. 

“I think I should head home now.” I said, once we pulled our mouths away from one other. “Don’t you have some prom duties early in the morning, my prom king?” I asked, incredulously. 

“It’s tomorrow morning and I plan to have you to myself tonight.” Ares’s lips find my earlobe. 

I chuckled, trying to ease Ares’s hold on me. “Have some control, will you?” I combed his luscious hair with my fingers. 

“Not with you around,” he protested. 

“Then, it’s my cue to leave.” 

All of his attempts to get me to stay went to waste. If it wasn’t for the super uncomfortable dinner I had with his parents, I might have given in to his wish. I wanted to avoid an uncomfortable breakfast at all costs. 

“Fine, let me drop you.” He exhaled a defeated breath. 

“I need to use the restroom before we leave.”