Chapter 21 (Pt. 3, Side B)

This book is also published on Inkitt and Dreame. Please support me there, because I don't know whether my account will stay on wattpad for long.

Just to be safe, I've created accounts on Inkitt and Dreame and I've an Instagram account too.

username for all is comicsthinker

follow my backup incase something happens to this account
comicthinker

Playlist -  Epiphany by BTS 

Luna 

I’ve questioned my reality and dreams, I’ve woken up and wondered if they’ve really happened, but this felt painstakingly real. This felt frighteningly real. It was inevitable that she would betray me. 

I should have known that from the guilt plaguing her face when she first told me her plan. It wasn’t simple by any means, but I didn’t question her. I knew we would be able to execute it with her father's help. 

I wish I'd never let myself get drawn in her chaos. I wish I'd never let my compassion take over and help Mia in her cruel plan. I had chosen to ignore all the cues which screamed at me look beyond the picture my best friend had been painting. All along, she had been using me as her guinea pig to sacrifice in getting her ends met. 

Tears start to pour from my eyes. Visions of my face morph into someone unrecognisable, and my head jerks from the lash of Mia’s palm slapping my face. 

“Luna.” 

“Leave me alone,’ I sobbed, pulling my numb body onto my stomach and hiding my tears drenched face on the pillow. 

“Luna.” Soft hands pulled at my body and I fight them away, not wanting to face anyone. “Please, Luna. Don't scare me.” I thrashed my body aimlessly everywhere. 

“Luna!” 

I’m suddenly pinned to the mattress, my flailing hands held firmly by my sides. 

“Snap out of it.” 

My head started to shake and my eyes clenched tighter. My arms are released and my head held still, then the touch of soft lips met my own. They moved in a rhythmic motion  It lasted only for a second. 

“Open your eyes, Luna.” 

My eyes flew open and I scrambled to sit up-shocked, disorientated and sweating. I could feel my heart palpitating abnormally, I didn't see anything with my messy wild hair falling all over my face. “Aunt Lucille?”

My hair was pushed from my eyes and my aunt's face slowly came into my line of sight, and to my absolute surprise, I found Ares kneeling beside my bed, concern etched all over his impossibly beautiful face.

“I'm here, Luna.” Aunt Lucille caressed my face. “You were screaming in your sleep. I heard it all the way in the kitchen.” 

Her worried face came into my line of vision and as awareness finally hit me, I launched myself in her arms. “It's alright, beautiful. It wasn’t real.” 

It was just a dream. Nothing else. I can feel the ache in my chest and the panic engulfed me. 

I rested my head in her neck, unwilling to let her go. I've had plenty of nightmares since my discharge two weeks ago, and each one of them made me question whether it actually happened. This time it felt..strange.