Chapter 23 (Pt. 4, Side A)

follow my backup comicthinker
new set of stories will be published over there 

Playlist - Run by BTS

Ares

Love was a disease. Very contagious and life threatening. It has the ability to make your heart fragile, and can make you weak. So I steered away from this disease. 

Or so I thought. 

I didn't want myself to be caught up in searching for something that can only bring me pain and I certainly didn't want to be in love with anyone other than myself… and my mother. 

Now, I feel like I've lost the ability to see anything other than these invisible strings of love. I lost the sight of what I used to see. Everything has changed for me, because wherever I look, I only see her.

She's the one constant in my life that I don't want to lose because she was mine and I loved her. I don’t know how it happened, when I started feeling vulnerable, but nonetheless, it happened. 

There was no denying the fact that I was deeply, irrevocably in love with Luna West, and she loved me too. I wish she didn't. Damn it, I wished I didn’t love her. If it was possible, I would somehow ‘undo’ this spell of love that has captured my soul. 

It had just complicated everything for me. I was caught in a dilemma. Fucking shit! Why did it have to be Luna out of all people to become Charlotte’s target. 

There was nothing I wouldn't do for my sister and when she came to me… livid would be the right word to describe her. She had seen Axel kiss some blonde girl and was out for her blood. 

Luna had dared touch someone who belonged solely to Charlotte. She wanted nothing more than to have Luna beg for mercy, to make her crawl in defeat. Charlotte wanted the last word and she would go to any extent to win. 

I had to intervene before she teetered on the edge of unstable stupidity. I got under more deep shit when Chase wanted Luna to get a reality check as well. 

Damnation. My luck just couldn't get any worse. 

Since the last few days, my brain has become overactive. It refuses to rest. It has kept me up all night, forcing me to rethink everything that I'd done till now. There would be unpleasant consequences if I went ahead with my plan. 

My head felt like it had been set on fire. All thoughts vanished as my gaze landed down at Luna’ wrapped in her bed sheets. The moonlight pouring through her french windows illuminated the dark room, highlighting her body which was flushed after our lovemaking. 

Fucking lovemaking. It felt wrong to label it as a simple act of fucking. It held a lot of emotions for me and for her. 

The burning tension eased from within me as I continued to stare at her. She slept peacefully on her stomach, the covers draped around her had inched lower exposing her naked back. 

Falling in love with Luna was out of my control. I couldn't get myself to not love her. I laughed at myself as I pondered on my initial plan for her. It was simple: seduce Luna, get under her head and heart, control her strings and, then leave it all to Charlotte for the next step. 

I cringed at the mere thought of what Charlotte had planned for Luna. She wanted Luna to be humiliated, hurt, heartbroken beyond repair and she wanted to do it quickly, and at her engagement party. 

You need to tell her the truth before it's too late. I am too scared, fucking petrified to come clean to her, because it would risk losing my Luna. I couldn't lose her now, of all time.