25.

A/N Idk anymore. I'm just going with the flow~

::

"Wait." Seungcheol suddenly interjected, "Didn't you say you wanted to talk? Aren't you angry at me over something?"

He felt confused. They'd had dates at the hospital, sets, events but not a proper date so being able to spend some time together was a blessing. But that was not what he had in mind when he'd walked his way to her house a few minutes before. Seungcheol had been prepared to apologise, reason out and explain whatever was worrying her.

Yuri looked at him, slightly surprised. "I did want to talk, yeah." She nodded, hesitantly placing the cutlery she was holding onto the table. She took a small breath to pace herself. "But I'm not upset or angry with you. If anything, I'm the one who should be apologising." She looked down, a drooping smile on her face.

Coups stepped forward, "What do you mean? Why would you apologise?"

"I'm a straightforward person, Cheol-ssi." Yuri looked directly at him the moment she felt his hands fall on her shoulders, "I'm not very good at hiding things and sometimes I'm too air-headed to see what is going on."

"That you are," Seungcheol spoke with a smile as he pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

She nodded, "But I do like you

She nodded, "But I do like you. I don't ever want to break up with you." She walked into her room and brought over a box of pictures.

Seungcheol looked at them, surprised. Inside the box were multiple pictures of them, from different events, broadcasts, all with one common similarity-with Yuri's face crossed out. "This is-" Seungcheol looked at her, eyes wide, as she nodded.

"They've been coming in every day after the first one."

He picked up one and glanced at the pictures, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Yuri sighed, "I wanted to. I sent the evidence to the law firm that you mentioned and they told me to keep quiet about it till we find the person behind this." Running a finger over the red cross over her face, she smiled sourly, "Besides, this person threatens to make it public but never actually does it."

"I think the perpetrator is a fan of yours... A Sasaeng who doesn't want to ruin your life but doesn't want me to be a part of it either." She looked away from his astonished face, "Hence the nails on the stage, I bet. Maybe this person thought hurting me would keep me away from you."

The threats were scary to receive for someone who had to maintain their image in front of the public. One small mistake and things could go horribly wrong. The law firm had promised to find the person as soon as they could but Yuri knew it was a long time away. So, when Jeonghan had so clearly mentioned that Seungcheol refused to depend on her when things were bad, it hurt Yuri. The realisation had hit her like a brick, an unbearable culmination of how much of a failure she had been all this while.

She closed the tin box with a thud. "But I'm not going to break up with you, Choi Seungcheol." Yuri looked at him with determined eyes, "I don't care how many people say it or how much of a failure I am as your girlfriend, but I'm going to be selfish and like you till the end."

She was frowning, eyes glistening with tears but Seungcheol found her most amiable then. It made him smile despite the gloomy news, a little ray of sunshine in his thoughts.

He walked over to her and pulled her in a hug, his warmth seeping onto her strong facade, "I love you." He whispered over her shoulder, so sure.

Seungkwan had been right. He'd fallen for her. He'd fallen hard.

::