23.

A/N republished because I made some changes with the ending.

::

"Catch him? Bring him to you or do you want me to take care of it and dispose of the body completely?"

Byung-ho's words upset Seungcheol. Dispose of the body? Murder? Was it that easy to deal with someone's life? To barter over money and metal and take away something as precious as life? Shivers ran down his body at the thought of it.

"No, no-no-no. I just wanted you to find the person who was threatening me and my girlfriend. I want this person to apologise for putting us through so much harassment but... getting violent is a little unnecessary, don't you think?" Seungcheol looked at the picture of him and Yuri standing so warmly in the hallway. It was a beautiful memory to him, however short it may have been.

However, the fact remained. Someone was trying to hurt Yuri over it.

Threats and in the worst case, injuries... The women in Seungcheol's life always suffered. He even suspected the nails behind Yuri's most recent injury were a warning of sorts by the same person who wrote the initial threats.

Whoever this person was, he or she was hell-bent on pushing Yuri out of the picture. "Besides," Seungcheol whispered, having seen the blood ooze out of her wounds, "I'd want more than anything to hurt the person who hurt her. If anyone gets to punch this asshole... It has to be me."

Seungcheol was surprised by the sound of laughter from the other end

Seungcheol was surprised by the sound of laughter from the other end. "That sounds more like you Coups." The man on the call smiled, "Remember the time you punched me for that tiny cigarette? It was such a minor thing but you got so worked up over it."

Seungcheol nodded, "Yeah. I remember that." He could recall the little rundown streets behind their school where all the kids one would usually avoid gathered, "It was your fault though. You tried to get Wonwoo to smoke... You could've destroyed his life."

Seungcheol looked out the window, watching the busy streets from atop, "I was just doing my job as his friend."

::

"I won't break up with him."

Taking a hand towel, she patted her hands in the soft cloth, letting it buy her some time to frame her words. Jeonghan was dead serious about what he'd said, she knew.

She also knew how on-point Jeonghan's words were

She also knew how on-point Jeonghan's words were. In the past few months that Yuri had spent with Seungcheol, she knew how reliable he was. When someone threatened her, she found herself walking to him without thought, depending on him, emptying her bucket of fears in the warmth and promise of his hold.

She could bank on him for support any time, any day. But could he?

When had Seungcheol come to her with the outrageous amount of worries that he held? When had she supported him? When was the last time that they had talked about his concerns, his problems, his needs? Yuri looked down at her empty bowl as the realisation settled in.

"I have to go," Yuri spoke in a hurry, gathering her things and scurrying to her feet. She looked at Jeonghan one last time and bowed lightly before walking out the door.

Jeonghan had no intentions of breaking up the happy couple

Jeonghan had no intentions of breaking up the happy couple. But Yuri had to learn the dynamic Seungcheol was forming between the two of them, a predicament, if not changed earlier on, would only result in permanent pain for Coups. To have her realise, to make her move, Jeonghan was prepared to be the villain.

::

Yuri
I'm sorry 3:00 pm

Seungcheol looked at the message with a smile. She was cute, indeed for apologising over something so silly. A lunch without him? He didn't mind something that small.

Cheol
For having lunch without me? 3:02 pm
That's okay. You shouldn't need my approval for something like this 3:03 pm
Let's all go out for a meal together someday :) 3:04 pm

Yuri
That's not it. Do you have time tonight? 3:05 pm
To talk? 3:06 pm

To talk? Seungcheol wondered what it could be something that she wanted to talk about. Silently, he worried. Had she received another threat? Had something happened? Had someone hurt her again? A million thoughts went over his head, none of them good.

CheolI always have time for you, Yuri 3:06 pmBut what's wrong? 3:07 pmYou sound down or is it just my imagination? 3:08 pm

Cheol
I always have time for you, Yuri 3:06 pm
But what's wrong? 3:07 pm
You sound down or is it just my imagination? 3:08 pm

Yuri
Come home tonight. 3:10 pm

Cheol
I'll be there 3:10 pm

::