05.

::

Letting her head rest on her member's shoulder, Yuri watched Seventeen perform on the second day of the award ceremony. She couldn't help but think how handsome Seungcheol looked in black hair and a black shirt. He looked so relaxed as he performed with that grin on his face. It was sort of unfair, she thought, how could anyone look so stunning?

"Yah," Yuri called out to one of her members who turned to her with a hum, "Do you think I could ever date someone like that?"

"Like who?" Her member asked, confused, simply enjoying the performance, moving along to the beat. What her leader wanted to know about dating in the middle of an award ceremony performance, she had no idea.

Yuri lifted her head from her member's shoulder and turned to her, "Like a Seventeen member."

Her member rolled her eyes, "It's not legal to date your brother yet, eonnie. You can't date Woozi-ssi." Unlike the rest of the group, Yuri's contract allowed her to date. But her brother? Not even common sense allowed that.

Yuri hit her member's arm slightly, "Are you insane? That's disgusting. I'm not talking about Oppa." She scrunched her face and continued to look ahead. Cousins or not, Woozi was like a real brother to her and probably the only real family that she had.

"Then who? Do you even know anyone else from the group?" Her member casually asked. With difficult practice schedules and the added responsibility of being a composer, it surprised her that Yuri had the time to think about dating. Perhaps the solo-album promotions had finally turned her crazy. A seventeen member? Now, that was a joke.

"I met them all yesterday. Even had dinner with Oppa, Jeonghan-ssi and Choi Seungcheol-ssi." Yuri uttered nonchalantly but it surprised her members as they collectively echoed,

"Wait what?!"

::

Yuri was walking through the halls backstage when she stopped to see him standing with his back to the wall. Choi Seungcheol was handsome, Yuri could tell as she approached him and bowed slightly to greet him. But before she could leave, his hand shot forward and grabbed her wrist.

Yuri turned around to meet his eyes, surprised. He was closer than she had imagined, with only a few centimetres between them, causing her heart to race. "W-what is it?" She asked.

With a completely serious face, he said, "Let's date."

His eyes were intense and his facial expression made her think he really meant it

His eyes were intense and his facial expression made her think he really meant it. She blinked twice, thrice, not believing what he was saying. She looked down and then back at him, waiting for him to break into a smile and act as if he was joking.

But he didn't. She took a step back, "Wait, you mean it?"

He nodded casually, "Of course I mean it." He shrugged like it was natural to ask someone out on the second day of meeting them, like it was normal.

Yuri sputtered, completely perplexed, "But why?" She couldn't understand why he would say that.

"Why not? Do you not like me?" He asked, shrugging. His casual attitude took Yuri completely off-guard. It was so natural for this unnatural situation, making it difficult for her to grasp what was happening.

She looked around, not being able to look him directly in the eyes, "Thats not it but—but why me?"

A small smile broke out on his face, "That means you do like me." Yuri's eyes grew wide in realisation.

"T-that's not, that's not what I—"

He cut her off with his sweet smile, "You're cute when you're flustered."

Her cheeks burned red at the sight of him

Her cheeks burned red at the sight of him. How could someone look at her so sweetly? It's like his eyes were dripping with honey when he smiled and it seemed like he actually cared. And to think that such words had come out of a face like that—it was almost believable. Cute? Sure, she'd been called cute a thousand times by fans that she couldn't count on her fingers but in that isolated hallway, with his breath so close and heart beating wildly, something felt different. The compliment didn't feel empty coming from him.

She looked down, her face completely flushed, "How am I supposed to respond to something like that?" She mumbled, watching his hold on her hand grow softer.

Seungcheol found her flustered attitude cute. She didn't know where to look or what to say and it made him smile knowing the kind of effect he had on her. His touch warm and his voice was deep, he spoke, "You can just say, yes, you know? Go on a date with me." The more flustered she got, the more confident he became.

She looked up at him and his beautiful eyes wondering what to do. It was a little bit too sudden and she barely knew him. While they stood in that empty hallway, Yuri suddenly sensed footsteps coming their way. Jumping at the sound she pulled her hand out of his and whispered, "Someone's coming. Let's talk about this some other time." Walking away, she turned to look at him one last time before disappearing down the hallway.

Seungcheol sighed. It wasn't easy to date an idol after all. He saw Jun come from the opposite direction, spotting him, "Hyung, why are you standing alone in the hallway?"

::