10.

::

"Woozi-Oppa is going to kill me if he finds out that I'm dating you," Yuri spoke over lunch a week later. She looked at the delicious food Seungcheol had brought over, sneaking into her hospital room, "But you're the only one who'd let me eat this..." She spoke to herself, checking out the savoury food in front of her.

Seungcheol laughed, his gums showing every time he smiled, "I can totally see why you're dating me, yeah

Seungcheol laughed, his gums showing every time he smiled, "I can totally see why you're dating me, yeah." He spoke jokingly pointing to the food, "I'm the only one who'd fall for your innocent act when you whined over video call last night. You're brutal like that, attacking me with that sweet expression."

Yuri blinked prettily, re-enacting the look that he was describing, "No no, Seungcheol-ssi. How could I act in front of you?" Yuri was playful and joyous at most times and her optimistic attitude elevated his mood every time he saw her.

She tried to hold in laughter but burst when Seungcheol rolled his eyes and said, "Yah, this won't do. Come here, let me hit you once." He cracked his knuckles playfully, "I should be disciplining you like a sunbaenim but here you are, taking advantage of my weakness."

If Seungcheol were honest, he liked her far too much already

If Seungcheol were honest, he liked her far too much already. He liked her sparkling eyes, her honest attitude and her silly acts. He liked spoiling the women he dated and she was no exception. Of course, there was a limit but Yuri was honest about what she liked and didn't so it made it easier for Seungcheol to draw the line. She was everything he had thought she would be and more. It was almost surprising how well the two of them worked.

"I changed my mind," Seungcheol spoke with a teasing smile just as Yuri picked up her chopsticks and grabbed one piece from the container.

She looked up, "With what?"

He ate the tteokbokki right out of her hands, "You really shouldn't be eating this after all." He spoke pulling the jar of spicy tteokbokki away from her table.

Yuri looked up aghast, "No, please, my tteokbokki!" But Seungcheol was already eating it, chewing on the food deliciously.

He smiled knowing she was watching him, "That's your punishment for teasing me." But the spice kicked in almost immediately after making him gasp, "How can you eat anything so spicy?"

She laughed, finding it extremely entertaining, "You can't eat spicy food, huh?" Pulling a tissue from her bedside, she offered it to him, "Wipe the sauce off your lips and drink some water." She settled to a grateful smile, "I won't eat it if you tell me not to so don't force yourself to eat it instead."

The fact that she was ready to amend to whatever he said, even if it meant not eating her favourite food made him feel warm. Closing the lid of the food, he drank some water. Looking at her softly, he said, "When you finally get discharged, let's go out on a real date."

They'd been hanging around at her hospital room almost every day, trying to get to know each other but it somehow still lacked the flutters and cheeriness of a proper first date

They'd been hanging around at her hospital room almost every day, trying to get to know each other but it somehow still lacked the flutters and cheeriness of a proper first date. To Seungcheol, it didn't matter where they met but he wanted to be the one picking her up for the date and dropping her home safely upon return instead of sneaking into her hospital room every time Woozi wasn't around.

She nodded, "Yeah. I'd like that too." Yuri lacked experience at dating but she had her fantasies from all the dramas she'd watched. Dressing up for the date, feeling nervous wondering if he would like it and experiencing all the nervous and awkward moments before being comfortable interested her. She was playful and friendly, so it didn't take long for people to get comfortable around her but on her first date, she wished he would at least feel a little nervous.

Seungcheol rose from his seat, "Your members will be here soon so I should leave. Just give me a call if you need anything, okay?"

Yuri nodded and waved him bye as he walked out of the room with his mask and cap on. It really was difficult for idols to get to know each other much less date without the media hunting into the news and Seungcheol as well as Yuri had decided it was best to be extremely careful.

::