02.

::

"Break!" Seungkwan spoke, gripping his knees bending, "I need a break!"

1st set 11-8
2nd set 10-11
3rd set 10-7 (ongoing)

They'd almost gotten through the game and this was starting to get tiring. Scoups and Mingyu were winning by a few points but the gap was still within range for hope. Yuri wiped her sweat with a towel, conceding after Seungkwan's words. Everyone seemed tired by the long rallies except Seungcheol who just stood, minimal sweat on him.

Seungcheol offered her water, "Don't overdo it, okay?" His gaze was kind and Yuri felt her guard go down slightly. Sipping water during the break, Yuri eyed him from the corner of her eye, watching him roll his sleeves up and run his hand through his hair like the other two on the court didn't exist.

For a second, she wondered, had she used all the luck of her life in getting him?

As the game restarted, Seungcheol spoke to Mingyu, "Since we're on match point anyway, let's get this one and end it. The air's getting colder," He watched Yuri discuss strategy in her sleeveless jersey sticking close to her body, "I don't want her to get sick."

Mingyu smiled knowingly, "Okay, hyung."

::

The ball toppled over the net as Yuri headed it directly in the opposite direction, hoping it would make their point. But reacting quickly, Mingyu kicked it over to Scoups who kicked it over the net in a cut direction. Yuri ran but the ball had already touched the ground, so close to the line, still making it in as the whistle sounded and Yuri groaned.

They'd lost by the thin of a hair and Seungkwan patted her back proudly, "You did well, Yuri-yah. Not many men would've lasted as well as you did. It was really good."

"Thank you sunbaenim," Yuri spoke apologetically, "You supported me so much too. Couldn't have gotten the second set without you." They walked to the stands as they exchanged greetings with Mingyu and Seungcheol.

The game had been a quick end after the break and Yuri thanked Mingyu for joining them this time around. "Remind me to never go up against you if we ever play basketball." She spoke, laughing, handing him a bottle of water.

Suddenly feeling warm fabric on her shoulders, Yuri turned around to see Seungcheol drape a jacket over her. "Keep this on you. You'll catch a cold otherwise."

Warmed to her nose, Yuri buried her blush in his large hoodie, walking to the changing room without a second wasted

Warmed to her nose, Yuri buried her blush in his large hoodie, walking to the changing room without a second wasted. No matter what the game or what the outcome, Seungcheol was always nice to her and it somehow always worked. Mingyu who'd gotten a look at her face only laughed as she walked away shyly.

::

"You're wearing the hoodie?" Seuncheol smiled victoriously, watching her wrap it around her even after having changed. He'd been waiting outside the waiting room for her to return, having finished changing first.

"You gave it to me. I'm not giving it back so soon." She spoke, a ghost of blush still on her face as they began walking in the direction of her car. "What happened to Seungkwan and Mingyu-sunbae?" She asked, noticing the two weren't with him, "Aren't we all going for dinner together?"

"They had plans," Seungcheol spoke, not wanting to tell her that he'd pushed the two away to have dinner alone with his girlfriend for once. Matching schedules was hard enough as is, he wasn't going to forgo any little time they'd found together. Coolly walking to the car, he handed Yuri the keys, sitting down in the passenger's seat, "Loser drives."

Yuri scoffed, taking the wheel, a suspicious look on her face. Something didn't seem to add up about the other two suddenly leaving but she let it slide. "So, the same place in Hongdae then?"

Seuncheol nodded, "Meat it is!"

::