Eyes

Chapter 15

Calista opens her eyes slowly and notice she is far away from home. She sighs and begins to pace back and forth in anger. She was back in Paris. The Eiffel Tower to be exact. She vividly remembers being here with her mother. It was one of her favorite vacations and her mother promised her that they would come back together. But she died before they ever got a chance. Calista breathes in the chilly air and try to calm her emotions.

After a few minutes, Calista stands and tries to think of a way to get back home. Eleanor again, had pissed her off. She was slowly understanding her powers. Anger, was always the answer. Calista close her eyes and think of home.

"Fuck!" She screams. She then shivers and calm her nerves. She then breathes in and out and think of a certain item she wishes to be close to. When she opens her eyes, she notice she is upstairs in her parents room.

Before Calista could question anything someone was barging through the door. "You're back."

"Yeah." Calista replies looking around. She was cold and she wanted a shower. She walks pass Eleanor and the others who were staring at her oddly. "I'm gonna shower now." She says.

Eleanor frowns wanting answers but Stella holds her back. "Give her space." The white haired Rein suggest. Calista had been gone for a full hour and the entire time Eleanor wanted nothing more than to find her. But they knew that when Calista didn't want to be found it was impossible.

Tala and the others choose to stay out of the situation. They didn't ask any questions but everything was pretty obvious. Something was going on between Eleanor and Calista but the two didn't want to acknowledge the problem.

Luna and Scarlet head to their bed, it had been a long day and Luna wanted nothing more than to sleep in Scarlet arms. 

She gets underneath the sheets and Scarlet pulls her body against hers. "Promise me something."

"Hmm." Luna hums into Scarlet neck. She always loved her smell. It was addicting. Sometimes she wonder what the Spanish girl showered with or was it just her unique scent.

"Promise me we will never be like them."

Luna smiles softly and kisses Scarlet shoulder lightly. "I promise."

"Good." Scarlet scoffs. "They argue like a old married couple."

"Are you saying we are a old married couple?"

Scarlet snorts, "We will never get old sweetie. You and I will forever be young and beautiful."

"And married?" Luna teases.

Scarlet kisses Luna forehead. "Yeah and married."

Luna sighs and closes her eyes to sleep. She didn't know what that meant. Scarlet always said a lot of things and there was never any real meaning. Just worthless words. Luna buries her face into Scarlet chest and smiles. Scarlet words was never worthless to her.

<><>

The next morning is quiet and awkward. Everyone could feel the tension between Eleanor and Calista. Everyone also notice that Calista chose to sleep downstairs on the couch last night. When Tala, Colin, and Jean saw her come into the living room they didn't comment on anything.

Like every morning Calista and Luna wakes up early to train and after training everyone was seated at the kitchen table for breakfast. It was Scarlet turn to cook but Stella told her she would cook instead. She needed a distraction. Last night Eleanor tossed and turn and not even her fingers could make the witch go to sleep peacefully.