Hearts A Mess

Chapter 8

"Answer my question." The detective hisses towards her. However, Stella doesn't say anything. She wasn't stupid. She looks up at the detective and says, "I'm hungry."

"You're going to starve in here." He hisses back. "Then you're gonna rot in jail."

Stella rolls her eyes and then says, "You're gonna have to let me go. You don't have evidence."

"Oh but we do." He smirks. "And they're gonna love you in prison." He touches her. "Pretty hair." Stella flinches away from him. "Beautiful skin and those sparkling eyes. Oh how much they're gonna love you." Stella heart begins to beat. She was breaking slowly. Where were her parents. She's been trapped in here for hours. "You're bluffing." She snarls. "I would already be heading to the dump if you had evidence. So, unless you want to deal with my father. Let. Me. Go." She says slowly.

"You're talking about your alcoholic father!" The detective laughs and Stella hisses standing and the other officer grabs her shoulders pushing her back down into the seat. "It's gonna be a long night." The detective chuckles. He slams his hands on the desk. "Now, where were you on the night of July 16."

"Probably getting my nails done." Stella shrugs who knows. "Now, I'm not answering anymore questions until I get a lawyer." She sneers. "I know my rights. Stupid!"

<><>

Calista paces back and forth. Eleanor watches her. She was pissed. Someone attacked her and now the policemen had come and storm into her house and arrested their friend. Calista picks up the nearest vase and throws it into the nearest wall. Calista hasn't known Stella long but she knew the white haired girl wasn't capable of killing someone. Being a bitch. Yes. Using her beauty and popularity to make another feel like shit. Yes. But not murder and Calista was for sure of this.

"We need to do something." Scarlet announces herself. She also was in deep thought. She's been friends with Stella for years and the white haired girl was a deadly person and it was best not to piss her off. But murdering someone in cold blood. That wasn't Stella taste. She would rather watch you suffer than give you the satisfaction of a beautiful death by her hands.

"She's gonna go to jail." Luna cries.

"Don't say that." Scarlet hisses. "She's innocent."

"It doesn't matter." Luna argues. 

"Shut-up!" Scarlet hollers. "Shut up." She repeats again in Spanish. This makes Luna jumps but she frowns, "Don't tell me what to do!"

Scarlet eyebrow arches at Luna. The girl never ever raise her voice at her. Scarlet sneers in anger and turns her head away from Luna so she doesn't hurt her. 

Luna fumes in her anger. "I'm not stupid." The small red head then grabs her sketch pad and storms out the room. Scarlet immediately tries to run after her but Calista grabs her shoulder and says, "Let her cool off."

<><>

"Abigail tried out for the cheer squad. This past summer." 

Stella looks at her nails. "Your point." She retorts. "Every girl in Black Oaks High wants to be one of us."

"A spoiled witch." The detective sneers. Stella looks up and she wanted to laugh. She could hear the detective thoughts and knew he wanted to call her a bitch. "Call it what you like, Sir." Stella replies. "But if anyone was spoiled it was no one other than Abigail Weller. She was a bitch and everyone knew it."

"So you're saying she deserved to die!" 

"I didn't say a such thing." Stella smirks. Hearing his thoughts was working to her advantage. Like she thought earlier. They didn't have evidence nor a murder weapon but they had something on her and she needed to find out.