Welcome Home

Chapter 1

Welcome Home

Calista Lake folds her arms over her chest and frowns as she rides past the town line in the White Range Rover. She had been in the car for the past three days and she was not ready to return to the town she was raised in.

'Welcome to Black Oaks.'

She read the sign and groans even more.

"Oh look." Lola, her mother best friend smiles. "The population seems to have risen."

Calista rolls her eyes and leans her head on the window. The sun glows off her caramel skin and she runs her hand through her long black hair in frustration.

Black Oaks was a town that was build in the early 1800s and it was known for absolutely nothing. The population was fifth teen thousand and it had your typical food market, library, park,elementary, middle, and high school.

As they pass by the local restaurants and people Calista begins to grumble under her breath even more.

"We're here." Lola stops hard on the brakes almost running into the brick mail box. She was never a good driver. She had already been in several car accidents that were all her fault. She puts the car in reverse and backs into the drive-way. Calista sighs and opens the door of the white Range Rover that probably would be total in a few more months.

"Your driving could be better." Calista mutters opening the back door grabbing one of her bags. Lola chuckles and run her hands through her bushy hair peering up at the house covering her eyes from the bright sun. Black Oaks weather during the summer was always thick and hot but when the fall hit everything would become foggy and cold.

Calista pulls off her sunglasses that were on her face and frowns. The house was in the middle of one of the wealthiest suburbs in Black Oaks. However, it was not your normal pretty colorful houses. It was dark and there was a huge lake behind it. The lake went out for miles and miles and Calista once loved the smell but now all she wanted to do was hurl.

All the houses in the neighborhood was big in size but they were all ancient because they were built in the early 1900s. Built with nothing but red brick. Calista glances at the weeds and notice they needed to be pull, the grass needed to be cut, and the lawn was in need of a great gardener.

Calista follows Lola into the old house. She takes a deep breath and notice everything was still the same.

"Need a little dusting here and there but everything looks great."

Calista nods her head and heads up the wooden steps. She walks pass the bathroom on the right, then her older brother room. She then glances at her room on the left and at the end of the hall were her parent's room. The door was shut and Calista stands there and stare. After a few seconds she runs her fingers through her brown hair and then turns around...

"Shit!" She jumps in fear. "What the hell?"

"Hi Calista." The other girl smiles. She was grinning widely and her hair was dark as midnight. She was wearing all black and Calista frowns because it was too hot to be wearing all black.

"What the hell are you doing? How did you even get in?"

"The door was unlock." The girl replies. "You're back." She continues to smile.

Calista frowns and begins to walk towards her room. She opens the door and notice everything was just the way she left it. She throws her bag on the bed.

"You look different." The girl behind her comments. Her head was cock to the side as if she was analyzing her and Calista hated this. She awkwardly reply, "Um-yeah. I guess."