My Last Breath

Chapter 2

My Last Breath

Calista groans when she hears an annoying ringtone that was coming her from her cell. She blindly reaches for it knocking over several items in the process. Finally she gets a hold to the loud object and put it towards her ear after answering and says, "Hello." Her voice was husky and low.

"Calista." 

The caramel girl in bed groans at the familiar voice. She should have not exchanged numbers with the girls last night.

"Stella?" Calista snaps. "What do you want? It's early, I don't even want to know what time it is."

"It's five." Stella replies her voice slick, rich and too loud for Calista liking. "You need to be here by six. I need to be at the school by 6:30."

Calista ignores everything else and only focus on the time. "Why the hell are you calling me at five in the freaking morning." She had a headache and Stella voice was making it worse.

"Because you have my car." Stella hisses back through the phone sounding like a new person. "Now please get your butt out of bed and get here." The phone then hangs up and Calista frowns burying her face into her pillow. I hate them. I hate them. She repeats to herself. There was no way she should be up at five on Sunday morning.

Almost forty-five minutes later Calista was in Stella drive-way. She grumbles still annoyed at how early it was and when Stella gets into the driver seat because she had moved to the passenger seat, the blonde cheerleader hands her a steamy mug of coffee. 

"How did you know I loved coffee?" 

"Lucky guess." Stella replies cranking up the car.

"Thanks." Calista sips and then says, "Just drop me off."

"Well...I was wondering could you come to the school with me and teach my team a few tricks on tumbling?"

Calista frowns but Stella begs, "Please, we really need help in that department and you're awesome. I really want to bring some new stuff this year."

"Fine." Calista whines into her hands. "But you're buying me breakfast though."

Stella grins happily and plants a kiss on Calista lips. The caramel girl eyes widen. What was up with Stella kissing her and stuff. "Um-Stella are you okay?"

"Yes, why?" Stella questions still smiling. 

"Why did you just kiss me?" Calista asks.

"Oh." Stella says cranking up the Mercedes. "I don't know. A spur of the moment I guess." She then backs out the driveway.

"Look Stella you're very emotional." Calista starts. "Maybe it is best for you to figure things out or whatever between you and your boyfriend."

"Ex." Stella frowns. "I sent him a breakup text."

"Really?" Calista is surprised. "I could have been lying."

"Were you?" Stella questions still looking at the rode.

"No-but.."

"Then there's no point in entertaining something that was never there." Stella replies. "I'm sorry for kissing you."

"It's fine." Calista replies. When really it wasn't. Stella and her friends were odd.