Fire

Chapter 19

Sir was becoming very impatient. His men still hasn’t broke through the shield. Sirens catches his attention and he rolls his eyes. I guess the loud explosions finally got the town attention. He glances to his right and order. “Kill them.”

Two of his mimics step forward and several cops car press down on the brake and get out the car raising their weapons. “Drop your-Stop whatever you’re doing.” The officer screams in confusion. The two men smirks and one of them begins to scream.

The policemen drop their weapons and fall to the ground in pain as the man uses his sonic scream. He loved the ability. He remembered draining it from a kid two years ago. He would never replace it.

The policemen ears begin to bleed but one of them gains enough strength to aim and pull the trigger hitting the banshee in the arm. The noise stops and the cops begin to retreat.

Sir rolls his eyes and sneers, “I’m getting very annoyed. Get me into that house!”

Inside the house Tala hears a few gun shots. She looks out the window and through the shield she could see the Mimics killing the innocent policemen.

“I’m tired of hiding.” Tala sneers.

Colin nods his head instantly agreeing. “I won’t die hiding! Jean wouldn’t want that.” He finishes.

Scarlet and Luna rushes into the main room. “What the fuck was that noise?” She questions rubbing her ears.

“Banshee.” Tala replies. “Be grateful. The protective shield saved us from the full affect.

Scarlet growls her fingers twitching. “I’m tired of this shit!” She squeezes her fist in anger and Tala and Colin look at her in awe. “Is something on my fucking face?”

Tala grin. “Your eye color.”

Scarlet rushes to the mirror and see her bright tree green eyes. She turns toward Luna and notice her soft blues glowing orbs. “Wow!” She says and Luna blushes from the extra attention.

Upstairs Eleanor was sitting on the bed with Stella. “I’m sorry.” She says. Stella wipes her face and whisper. “You haven’t nothing to apologize for okay.”

“Calista-

“Fuck her!” Stella sneers.

“You don’t mean that.” Eleanor tries.

“But I do.” Stella looks at her. “I trusted her Elle. I can’t trust her anymore.”

“Calista is going through-

“What!” Stella screams while standing. “Were all going through shit Eleanor? We’ve all lost shit!”

There is a long pause and Eleanor finally says, “You’re right.” She grimaces. Stella turns around in shock and look at her. She never thought in a million years Eleanor would stop taking up for the other Rein.

She then sit next to her and grab her hand giving it a squeeze. She knew this was just as hard on Eleanor as her. “I know you love her and I’m okay with it. I was stupid to even-

“I don’t.”

“What?”

“I don’t love her.” Eleanor exhale repeating herself. “Not anymore. I don’t know when I stopped.”

Stella cocks her head to the side. “Why do you think she did it? Kissed you?”

“I don’t know.” Eleanor sighs. “She fears abandonment.”